Pet Solutions Livestock

no1bubba

Has anyone ordered livestock from Pet Solutions? I have found that their dry goods are always cheaper and they will match Foster & Smith prices if lower. .
Does anyone keep more than one Mandarin? or more than one coral banded shrimp? Thanks, Bubba

chipmunkofdoom2

I have not ordered from them.

I do not know about the shrimp, but I do know about the mandarins.. it is difficult to keep one in a tank with less than 100+lbs of live rock, so two you would need an obscene amount of live rock.

JonnyF

I have ordered live things from them. All the items arrived on time, and alive. I don't remembe the whole order but it was for sure a Horseshoe Crab, and a couple shrimp.

wm23oh

I have ordered from them and just recently ordered live stock. I was happy with the type of bags they used and like how they triple bagged their items. 2 of the 6 snails I purchased were DOA so I wasn't happy about that.

I don't think I will order live stock from them again but will order other items.

I agree with chipmunkofdoom2 about the Mandarin.

Best wishes,

seafansar

Never ordered from Pet Solutions. It's hit or miss with 2 coral banded shrimp. My dad got a pair and they did fine together, but we know they were a pair. Caught them ourselves. They were hanging out under the same rock. In a different tank he had one and then I gave him one of mine. We thought they had paired up too, but after a couple of days one of them disappeared. Pretty sure the other one killed it. So I guess it's hit or miss.

As for 2 mandarins, I suggest not getting them. You have a 75 gallon right? They probably would run out of pods. I have two that eat pellets and other frozen foods in my 150 gallon together. A male target and a female green. They are both fat, but they do not like one another. The target, who's the larger one, will chase the female if he sees her. I'll be fishing one of them out when I set up my next tank. Thank fully the female is quick and can get away from the male pretty easily and they generally stay on opposite sides of the tank.