Search results

1. Spikewire

Long time 130d

Hey folks! It's been some time but I still have my 130d running. It's been about 6-7 years now. Good to see some of the long time folks still here :) Quick question - What material are the 130d tank stands made of. Mine is still in fantastic shape after all this time but I'm curious. Is it...
  2. Spikewire

Clown fish in time-out

Hey everyone. About a month and a half ago I added a fire fish to the tank for my daughter. My clown didn't really care for my decision making and proceeded to take it out on the fire fish. :hammerhea I'm lucky to be friends with the owner of a LFS so he offered to board the clown for me. He...
  3. Spikewire

Water level in middle chamber of 130d

The water level in the middle (skimmer) chamber dropped about 3-4 inches last night. The first time this happened I thought it was just a bit flukey but this is the second time now in two weeks. When it first happened I took out the filter floss and it came right back. The funny part is the...
  4. Spikewire

My first anemone

Hey folks, About three weeks ago I purchased my first RBTA. After a day or two of finding the right spot it opened up beautifully. Great color and nice bubble tips. It stayed like that for over two weeks and I was thrilled. Last week there was a change. It's still open but pretty much all...
  5. Spikewire

Web software

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone was using a web based tank tracker. Something where you could enter your tank and equipment, track parameters and additives, livestock and corals. etc. Anyone using such a sytem or know of any? Thanks and happy Monday!
  6. Spikewire

Weight of an unfilled 250

Hey folks, I'm toying around with buying a used 250 off of mattaleca, so I'm looking into what it would take to ship it from the left coast to the right coast :) Has anyone shipped a used 250 and possibly know the weight? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
  7. Spikewire

Surface Skimmer - yeay or neh?

Happy Friday folks, I have the surface skimmer for my 130d but I took it off a while back. Never had any problems until a week ago but now I have the dreaded surface film. Nothings changed in the tank,, all my parameters are in check, and I have one of the returns pointing straight at the...
  8. Spikewire

Examples of ATO containers?

Hey folks. Does anyone have pictures of their ATO water containers? I ordered the Tunze ATO and I’m looking for the right bucket for underneath the cabinet. I’ve seen some pics in the past (I think I saw someone use an old kitty litter tub) but can’t seem to find much these days. Any and...
  9. Spikewire

Blue Mandarin

So I stopped in at a LFS today and they had two beautiful Blue Mandarins. I've wanted one of these since long before I set up my tank but due to how difficult it is to get them to eat frozen food I never got one. The girl working at the time didn't know much about them so out of curiosity I...
  10. Spikewire

Ladies and Gentlemen - The Robo Snail

Wonder if they'll ever make a smaller one that goes around rounded corners :) AquaGenisis Robosnail - Robotic Automated Glass Cleaner
  11. Spikewire

Looking for "Polished" water

Hey folks! I mentioned this in another thread but I figured I'd start a new one. Since I reinstalled my MP10 I've had more debris floating around my tank. The MP10 is on lagoon mode and half power but I still can't seem to filter the debris out of the tank. I have the MP10 placed on the...
  12. Spikewire

Reinstalled Mp10 and slight problem...

Hey everyone, I'm just getting the tank back into shape and part of that was getting my Vor Tech mp10 sent in for repairs. I got it back tonight and reinstalled it. After the calibration period it stirred up all kinds of junk in my tank. I switched back to lagoon mode and put a 100 micron pad...
  13. Spikewire

Long time no see

Hey Everyone, I haven't been around for a while and wanted to check in. Due to some life issues and a major ice storm/loss of power, I haven't been paying as much attention to my 130d as I should. The tank has been running all this time but just not getting the same level of attention as it...
  14. Spikewire

BigJay's products

Hey for the folks who own a feeder from BigJay would you mind posting the dimensions? I want to order one and want to make sure it's the right size for our tanks. Here's Jay's original thread and here is the direct link to the two feeders at SaltySupply Also does anyone know how to see...
  15. Spikewire

Spikewire's RSM 130D

Well I've finally gone and done it. I've posted a tank thread :) Nothing spectacular to start out with. I do wish that I had taken more photos from the beginning. I love watching other people's tank progression. The first photo is from my tank at three months old. The rest are my...
  16. Spikewire

Cleaning the ol' black sponge

Hey all, My black sponge has been out of the tank for a while and I was thinking of putting a piece back in. Any ideas on the best way to clean it before I pop it back in the tank? I've been told a small bit of bleach and water solution but I was curious if folks had any other methods. Thanks!
  17. Spikewire

Attaching corals/frags to live rock already in the tank

Hey everyone. Here's my question of the day :) What do you use to attach frags and larger corals to your live rock? I'm sure one of the better methods would be to remove the rock from the tank and attach outside. I'd prefer not to have to do that as I really don't want to be removing any...
  18. Spikewire

Web sites for corals

As I pop around the web I find that I am always looking to research corals. I'm looking for some of the sites that my fellow RSMers might use. I'm not actually looking for sites to purchase corals but more information and care sites. If it happens to be a site where you can purchase as well...
  19. Spikewire

My first loss :(

Well my favorite fish finally passed last night after three or four days of going down hill. Ziggy was a Royal Gramma and absolutely my favorite fish.:tears: At this point I'm not exactly sure what it was. He was eating less for the last week or so and his activity slowed down dramatically...
  20. Spikewire

UV Sterilizers - does anyone use one? Pros and cons?

Hey all, I was just curious if anyone currently uses one or is considering it. I know very little about them other than the theory behind what they do. I ask because I think I have my first real issue in the tank. I think my royal gramma Ziggy has caught a case of ich. Aside from what I...