Weight of an unfilled 250

Spikewire

Hey folks,
I'm toying around with buying a used 250 off of mattaleca, so I'm looking into what it would take to ship it from the left coast to the right coast :) Has anyone shipped a used 250 and possibly know the weight?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I read that the shipping weight was 337 pounds, that was by just doing a google search so dont know if thats correct or not.
What would WORRY me he most about shipping it across the US would be how fragile the RSM is.
If it breaks or cracks during shipping, it's pretty much worthless upon arrival. Who takes the loss? I've read about a couple of tanks being damaged during shipping. Too scary for me to think about..... For both the buyer & the seller.
Mine arrived fine, with amazing delivery speed (less than 5 business days)....but it was shipped direct from Red Sea & they guaranteed it to arrive in new condition.

Spikewire

Yeah Diana I was worried about that as well, but I actually nixed the whole thing. I got some shipping quotes last night and it was only a few dollars shy of the cost of the tank! Pretty much a deal breaker :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just for anyone new to RS & RSM club, thinking about buying a RSM tank almost every place that sells RSM tanks new, ships them to your door for free :dance: