My first anemone

Spikewire

Hey folks,
About three weeks ago I purchased my first RBTA. After a day or two of finding the right spot it opened up beautifully. Great color and nice bubble tips. It stayed like that for over two weeks and I was thrilled.

Last week there was a change. It's still open but pretty much all of the bubble tips are gone. Also a bit of a greenish color has appeared near the base. It has stayed in the same spot on the rockwork around the middle of the tank so I think that's a little encouraging. My tank is almost 5 years old so its pretty well established. My water parameters are spot on (I test and do a water change every week) and with each feeding I make sure I spot feed the Anem and other corals that need it. Water flow is good but not over-powring. Basically everything else in the tank is doing really well.

Again this is my first Anem so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

reefer gladness

What about your lighting? BTA's have high light requirements, the color change may also be a natural response to a change in the light spectrum of your lights. My RBTA started getting green highlights when i changed the spectrum of light coming from my LED's.

In the end, sometimes the have bubble tips and sometimes not. You might also try feeding it, my BTA doesnt really get bubble tips often but it kinda does after feeding.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nobody really knows why the Buble tips go away in some but not others. I have a GBTA, sometimes it has bubble tips, sometimes not. the fact that thte bubble tips disappear isnt to be taken as a sign of illness. Some do it, some dont. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they never come back. as long as its opening up, showing good color, isnt sliming, and is still eating treats offered it periodically, its all good.

saltfan

Have a RTBA and never has bubble tips but has great color and has grown to the point that I might have to get rid of her since she refuses to split..