My first loss :(

Spikewire

Well my favorite fish finally passed last night after three or four days of going down hill. Ziggy was a Royal Gramma and absolutely my favorite fish.:tears:

At this point I'm not exactly sure what it was. He was eating less for the last week or so and his activity slowed down dramatically in the final few days. Really sad to see.

Very bummed but such is the circle of life I guess.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Chris - Sorry about losing the royal gramma :( If your water is OK, things like this just happen. It could have been for a number of reasons, none of which you could have prevented.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry for this.. it always sucks big time.

As Terry is saying check your water and if that checks out and nothing else seems sickly it's just "one of those things".

I hope your day improves :)

Spikewire

Thanks folks. Yeah I've been testing daily for the last week or so since he was eating less and slowing down. All was spot on and my other fish are happy as ever. I'm hoping it was just his time as opposed to a water or tank issue, but I'm keeping a very close eye on things.

Thanks again.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
1011.gif
sorry to hear... as everyone else said... if the water good... sometime we just never figure out why...
739.gif

Nowellsy SNR

Ah sorry for your loss

When i had a freshwater tank i know its pretty crappy to say but when i lost fish i was'nt all that bothered id be like oh crap lost a fish but when i loose my first Marine fish im going to be so upset

Spikewire

Ah sorry for your loss

When i had a freshwater tank i know its pretty crappy to say but when i lost fish i was'nt all that bothered id be like oh crap lost a fish but when i loose my first Marine fish im going to be so upset

I hear ya Nowellsy. It's definitely a different impact than my fresh water fish. I was upset all day yesterday. :( My family and I had a little "moment" last night.

"To Ziggy. A fine fish" :)