Search results

1. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Definitely Glenn! That's why I have that quote on my posts!!! Anyway, I got a surprise addition to my tank today - a new young flame angel! :) I went to the shop on my back home form the airport to pick up astrea snails (and not hermit crabs!) and they'd just got some new fish in...... I...
  2. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Hmmm - thanks Steve. I think hermits might be off the list then!
  3. Sapphire

My wife rocks red sea max 650!

Another one to watch.....! So jealous!
  4. Sapphire

Nems in 28 gallon, bad idea?

I'd agree that once a BTA finds a place it like it won't move much. I had a malu and BTA in my 34G RSM for around 4 years (and no it wasn't water quality etc that killed them it was an earthquake - seriously :(). The malu never moved after the first and the BTA wandered for a week or so and then...
  5. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Yes just an ordinary hermit crab! Quite a novelty for us to have them available. Would they kill astreas?
  6. Sapphire

Issues with deltec mc500

i have the same skimmer in my 130. Certainly when the bio load is low you won't get anywhere near as much skimmate as when it's higher (or when you've been moving things in the tank etc!). One thing we needed to do was put the skimmer on a piece of pipe to make it sit at the right level - but...
  7. Sapphire

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Welcome to RS and the RSM owners forum :wave: Looking really good- very nice percs :) Looking forward to following your progress!
  8. Sapphire

Buying a used RSM 130D

Hi, I have the 130 and replaced the skimmer with Deltec - which I really love. You can the cup above the hood but I don't mind that - it's easy to monitor. I also added a Tunze 6025 powerhead which I also am really pleased with.
  9. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Thanks Glen - well I really don't want them eating my astreas - they're $NZ20 each! (It's a very expensive hobby in NZ - my husband calls it a black hole for money!) Steve - the ones currently in stock at the moment have shells about an inch across
  10. Sapphire

Jeff's RSM 400

Nice rock work! The S series looks great - just hope they come to NZ..... I was going to set up a bigger tank but now seriously thinking about the S series if they ever come here. Can't wait to follow your thread :)
  11. Sapphire

Tok's RSM 250

Hi, you can really use whatever you have available. Our tank was around 50 litres I think, and the lighting was just a normal 18w flouro tube (you don't need anything more as there aren't any corals etc). The coral rubble made up (very approximately) around 10-15% volume maybe?? We initially...
  12. Sapphire

Jesse's RsM 2fifty

Beautiful tank - love the way you've aquascaped as well. I love flame angels - I used to have one but gave it away when it was harassing my small black and white clown, but am looking for another now. I never had any problem with it coral nipping etc though :)
  13. Sapphire

Vey novice red sea max 150 user seeks pump guidance!

Welcome to RS! :wave: I have the 130, and after a year we did have both circulation pumps die - we replaced them with eheim 600s and haven't had any problems since they went in.
  14. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Thank you! Now I have a question....... we are now allowed hermit crabs in NZ - Yay :) I like them and my husband loves them, but should I get some? I'm just a bit concerned about them knocking things over etc. If so how many (at $NZ50 each - about $US40)
  15. Sapphire

"Tom's RSM 250"

Tom - I'm so sorry to see what's happened - that's devastating :(
  16. Sapphire

Micromax's redsea max 130 with radion leds

Thanks Tom :) Please dot be back - just starting to get the tank restocked, since it now looks like we won't be able to rebuild our house for 5 years or so post earthquakes :( So may as well enjoy the tank again!
  17. Sapphire

Tok's RSM 250

Have you considered setting up a pod tank? I live in NZ and we can't buy pods either so we set up a pod tank to help our population for my mandarin. We just got an old tank, put in a power head, pump and heater and some live rock - just rubble really. We added pods from our tank and let it go...
  18. Sapphire

Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

Hi Glenn! I really haven't done anything with the tank for the last year. Greg very kindly gave me some frags which are there. We've really been in limbo as the earthquakes didn't stop and we've been waiting for assessments of the house/land and for decisions on when the rebuild might happen. I...
  19. Sapphire

Dr. J. New RSM 250

Looking really good! I love the pic of the crab and the zoas :)
  20. Sapphire

Micromax's redsea max 130 with radion leds

Absolutely gorgeous :) Loved your video