Sapphire's Tank (RSM130)

GregT

:wave:Hi Emma,

Just sent you an email.
I'll catchup with you when you're here next week and give you some corals to take back.
Cheers
Greg

GregT

I was just looking at your shopping list Emma.

I've got a Frogspawn and Hammerhead, two different leathers, some different zoas, mushrooms etc for you to collect tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you.

I've also been thinking about a Flame Angel and got one on hold. Watching to see if it nips the LFS's corals.
Cheers
Greg

Sapphire

Hi Glenn!

I really haven't done anything with the tank for the last year. Greg very kindly gave me some frags which are there. We've really been in limbo as the earthquakes didn't stop and we've been waiting for assessments of the house/land and for decisions on when the rebuild might happen. I decided to just leave the tank until the house was rebuilt however we have now been told that could be 5 years away so I've decided to ahead and restock the tank.

On Sunday I made my first purchase - a new pink BTA for my poor clowns. It's still sulking so not worth taking pics of yet - hopefully it'll find itself a nice spot soon and I'll post pics etc. It's also still on the big rock it was in in the LFS! I put on the bottom of the tank in a position I thought would encourage it to get off but no luck so far! :)

Looks like I have heaps to catch up on here!

Sapphire

Thank you!

Now I have a question....... we are now allowed hermit crabs in NZ - Yay :) I like them and my husband loves them, but should I get some? I'm just a bit concerned about them knocking things over etc. If so how many (at $NZ50 each - about $US40)

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
They are fun to watch !

But they also may eat your snails... $40 (US) Wow someone making a killing... they sell here for $26 a 100 (26 cents each)

Sapphire

Thanks Glen - well I really don't want them eating my astreas - they're $NZ20 each! (It's a very expensive hobby in NZ - my husband calls it a black hole for money!)

Steve - the ones currently in stock at the moment have shells about an inch across

steved13

PREMIUM
Yeah, that's a lot of money...LOL I was thinking maybe for that price, it wasn't an ordinary little hermit crab.

Sapphire

Yes just an ordinary hermit crab! Quite a novelty for us to have them available. Would they kill astreas?