Tok's RSM 250

Tokalosh

I don't think there was enough for him to eat in the sand bed, and after two moves my sand bed has not had enough time to mature. I think I'll have to wait a few months before adding another.

Tok

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ziqsel
I glue animals to rocks....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about the starfish - I have always wanted one, but long term (like over a year) few members seem to be able to keep them alive

Tokalosh

My RSM 250 V3.0

IMG_1591.jpg

Looking good so far just trying to win a small battle with the red slime.

Tok

SaltyDave

Tok,
Wow, what a beautiful tank! I am saving up now to buy a 250, this is very inspiring.

Will have to show your pics to my son. He like tangs but I am not going to tell him about the "erection".
Too much info. for a 4 year old!

David

Tokalosh

Tok,
Wow, what a beautiful tank! I am saving up now to buy a 250, this is very inspiring.

Will have to show your pics to my son. He like tangs but I am not going to tell him about the "erection".
Too much info. for a 4 year old!

David

David I'm glad I've inspired you, I'm looking forward to seeing your build one day. Oh and I agree lets not mention the "erection" to your son.

Beautiful FTS Tok, good luck on round 3!

Stunning Tok!

+1 looks great!!

Thanks for the kind words guy's.

Tok

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its beautiful buddy. U keeping the duct tape on call?

........kill em with kindness "they" always say.

Tokalosh

Re: Tuck's RSM 250

Guy's how do I get my Copepod population thriving once again?

Ever since my tanked cracked on me not once but twice in less than a year, I have noticed that I do not have any Copepods in my tank.

I cant buy them here in the UK and I don't want to add anymore live rock to my tank.
So how do I get them back in my tank?

Tok

Sapphire

Have you considered setting up a pod tank? I live in NZ and we can't buy pods either so we set up a pod tank to help our population for my mandarin.

We just got an old tank, put in a power head, pump and heater and some live rock - just rubble really. We added pods from our tank and let it go. To collect them just use some filter media etc and transfer to your tank..

Tokalosh

???

Have you considered setting up a pod tank? I live in NZ and we can't buy pods either so we set up a pod tank to help our population for my mandarin.

We just got an old tank, put in a power head, pump and heater and some live rock - just rubble really. We added pods from our tank and let it go. To collect them just use some filter media etc and transfer to your tank..

Emma, this sounds like something I can do.... could you please provide me with more details?

Like: size of tank, amount of live rock, lighting and feeding..etc,etc,etc and where does one get the little critters from if they dont have any in there own tank?

Thanks

Tok

Sapphire

Hi,

you can really use whatever you have available. Our tank was around 50 litres I think, and the lighting was just a normal 18w flouro tube (you don't need anything more as there aren't any corals etc). The coral rubble made up (very approximately) around 10-15% volume maybe?? We initially used some spare live rock and water change water from our tank - this meant we had a starting population. We also placed some of that black filter media that we took out of the tank and placed that in our main tank over night, and transferred it to the pod tank - also helped with start up population. we then just used our water change water from the main tank to do the water changes in the pod tank (water parameters nowhere near as important!). Luckily we had a mandarin that ate frozen food and maripearls so didn't need to use the pods too much :)

If you don't have any in your own tank can you get some form another reefer or your local LFS? Since there won't be any predators in the pod tank the population will build more quickly. Oh and we also hatched some brine shrimp in there using a hatchery - that was just for the mandarin. For feeding we just added some fish food very occasionally (but we were using the water we had removed from the main tank each water change for the pod tank water changes so there would have been stuff in there).