Search results

1. kospaintball

Lets build a tank

Hey everyone, i have been on and off here for quite a while and due to some life altering events i had to break my 150 down about 6 moths ago. I recently had to move from alabama to florida and i am wanting to set my tank back up. I will make significantly more money now and so i am wanting...
  2. kospaintball

Help id this macro algae

I can't find a picture of this anywhere. I have lots of these, they grow here and there. Seem easy enough to remove if i didn't like them. They are calcified too.
  3. kospaintball

paypal boned me, will it live?

K well i have a question for you guys. I buy stuff online fairly often, maybe every 3 weeks or so. I bought a frag pack from one of the guys on here. He sends it, everything is fine. BUT for what ever reason pay pal gives him my address of 6 years ago. I never had the issue before buttt nowwww...
  4. kospaintball

what is this? anyone know?

its gone one long... arm... i guess? all white arm is roughly 5 inches and seems a little coiled but i don't know if that is because of the twist in the current. i have a few of them around the rock and stuff.
  5. kospaintball

led in t5 tube. is there a pc?

I have seen some t5 bulbs a few times and instead of the normal innards they have a row of leds in them. Is there a place that I could get pc bulbs with leds in them?
  6. kospaintball

Running Carbon

How long should i leave a the carbon in there before i change it out? It is inbetween the flow into the fuge and the pump. getting fairly decent flow.
  7. kospaintball

pro's and con's of evaporation

Can anyone tell me specific pros and cons of evaporation in an aquarium?
  8. kospaintball

any coral shops in tampa?

We are about to head out on a week long cruise and when get back I was wanting to hit a shop on the way out. So, anyone know any decent coral shops?
  9. kospaintball

Kos's 125g tank

i guess since my last tank cracked, this will actually be a new tank. I have a 125g tank, and a 20g & 30g fuge. I have a mh+pc light fixture, there are 3 250mh bulbs and 4 54w pc bulbs. I also have moon lights when there are things in the tank to see at night. I have a reef octopus 250 extreme...
  10. kospaintball

2 500 gallon tanks, 1 reef, 1 fowlr

I had decided to take out a loan several days ago to get my dream set up started. I have since had two 500 gallon tanks set up in my house. I have 2 72'' geismann lights on each one. I have purchased 2 bubble king skimmers that arrived yesterday in great shape and are set up. Today im going...
  11. kospaintball

Thor the mighty!

Hey guys i have had a crazy day and just thought i would throw it on here. I own two dogs. I have an anatolian shepherd. If you don't know what they are he is a picture to give you an idea of what i deal with. http://www.puppiesanddogsforsale.com/images/Breed_Examples/AnatolianShepherd.jpg...
  12. kospaintball

Thor the mighty!

Hey guys i have had a crazy day and just thought i would throw it on here. I own two dogs. I have an anatolian shepherd. If you don't know what they are he is a picture to give you an idea of what i deal with. http://www.puppiesanddogsforsale.com/images/Breed_Examples/AnatolianShepherd.jpg...
  13. kospaintball

tank cracking

need some help guys... the front pannel of the tank has a 3 inch or so clam in the bottom right corner where it meets the right side pannel. i just drained it all out..... butttt.... what do i do? is there a fix?
  14. kospaintball

matts coral connection

As I'm passing through destin fl i searched online for a lfs. I found this one and would like to give you guys a review. Matt was extremly rude. He told me all of my equipment sucked and invited me to come to his house so I could see how a "real" reef tank looked and worked. I'm patient as...
  15. kospaintball

what do you make?

I have been wanting to do this for a while just never made time to sit down and do it. This thread is going to be a list of members on this site who make things out of home that help them take care of their inhabitants better. For example : I make base rock to order. What ever size what...
  16. kospaintball

3 day cycle

I went and checked out this new lfs today. Had some amazing prices. Stuff I would expect to pay 125 for would be like 35! The lady was very nice. But to the point of the mater. She said you can cycle a tank in 3 days by adding 75% established water and 25% new. I'm not going to say she is lying...
  17. kospaintball

Electronic suspension system

Where can i find a electronic suspension system for my lights. i want it to be able to raise and lower and also have a lock system so that if the power went out it wouldn't drop into the tank
  18. kospaintball

best macro

Which macros export which nutrients the best? Like does chaeto export no3 better than caluerpa?
  19. kospaintball

Made to order live-rock

Well... i've built my live rock facility... i've been making roughly 25lbs a day kinda messin around with it (able to make 100lbs a day or so) Built my big box to make the shapes of rock i want. Have 3 45g tanks for the rock to cure. but to the point of the matter. If anyone wants and live...
  20. kospaintball

How to make live rock?

Does anyone here make their own LR?