Thor the mighty!

kospaintball

Hey guys i have had a crazy day and just thought i would throw it on here.

I own two dogs. I have an anatolian shepherd. If you don't know what they are he is a picture to give you an idea of what i deal with.

http://www.puppiesanddogsforsale.com/images/Breed_Examples/AnatolianShepherd.jpg

Just a side note here. These dogs have been bred for 3000 years plus to fight bears and mountain lions. These dogs are the real deal.

I also own a beagle. He is only a pup though.

My neighbor feeds extremely high grade food to his two pits. So in turn they look like body builders and are crazy strong. (they ripped open a chainlink gate in like 30 seconds)

So today im just walking in from being in the back yard and i hear some dogs barking that are not mine so i walk back out to see my neighbors pit bulls jumping straight over my fence. They both went for my beagle puppy. Im on my way to get them off and my anatolian starts to try and pull one of the pits off the beagle. I jump between the other pit and the pup and run it inside to my wife and tell her to just go to the vet NOW. He is very chewed up and has to put on an I.V.

I run back out to check on Thor (my anatolian) and he is destroying both pits at the same time. He has one with their head smashed to the ground standing on it with his front left paw and the other screaming bloody murder because he has nearly fit his mouth around its entire head. Thor lets go of the one pit he was holding down and she is making b-line for me. Now im not saying im not scared of anything. I cant take the movie the ring, the grude orrrr spiders. But im not afraid of a dog. So when she lunged at me i upper cut her grab her by the snout and lay into her about 5 or 6 good shots in the side of her head. I let her go to see if she had had enough... but no she wanted more. So she came at me again. Well i have recently cut a tree in my back yard and have a nice fresh 3 inch thick log layin in the yard. I kick her in the mouth, pick up the stick and i waited. She made her move and i broke that log across her skull. Picked her up over my head by her throat and im screamin at her saying things like "Pull this S*** again and i will kill you"... needless to say i was pissed off. So i throw her back in her yard and go to check on thor. The other pit has given up and thor is standing over him waiting for me. I give him the release word and tell him to go inside. He does. I then start checking over all the dogs. The pit that messed with me has a leg that doesn't work right and she is limping. she has bite marks all down her back and neck. The male and larger of the two has a 4 square inch part of neck missing and roughly 30 - 35 bite marks. He has two big cuts down his ribs and his back legs do not work. He is bleeding to death in front of me. My anatolian has nothing on him. Not 1 scratch. I call animal control and the police and have to try and hash things out with my neighbor. He does alot of drug dealing and is pretty well always messed up out of his mind. He can't form sentences.

He then files a counter complaint against me.... my dogs were barking 45min earlier when he was sleeping and they woke him up. (the fight was roughly 40-45 mins earlier)....

the cop laughed at him which i thought was a nice touch.

The rules for this thing said i had to keep in clean but im sure you all know the language that seems to erupt from your mouth when stuff like this happens. So just throw some f's and mfer's and stuff in and it will be dang near like a script.

kospaintball

by the way i posted this, or tried to in the "off topic" forum but it doesn't show for me. i don't know if it does for you guys but not for me.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Dam dude your not having a very good week at all. Is the beagle going to be ok?

That's another irresponsible pit bull owner for the books, I like pits and feel they are not bad dogs, they seem to attract a certain kind of person that gets them for a status symbol more than a pet.

Anyways that is good and bad news, atleast his dogs took the bulk of the beating. Keep us posted on the beagle, I hope it pulls through with no troubles.

kospaintball

oh the beagle will be fine, he is moping around the house cuddling with thor. I have some ointment i have to put on him 3 x per day, some 2x per day and 4 pills per day he has to take so he doesn't get an infection.

don't get me wrong i feel for the beagle, but i really wanted to post this to kind of get the breed of the anatolian out there a little more.

They don't persue fights, only gaurd. Super strong! There is a video on youtube of an anatolian pulling a 4.5 ton tractor by himself. They are super lovey though.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The only trouble with big dogs for most people, is the fact that most home owner insurance companies won't cover you. That or they charge and insane premium.

We even had trouble with renters insurance with our mutt cause he has mastiff in him, the landlord also had to deal with his rental insurance.
You have to really want it to deal with the red tape. I am working on getting a Napoleon Mastiff but having trouble finding a semi local breeder.

kospaintball

The thing with the insurance places is that the breed has to be known for violence. Anatolians are freaking push overs.... that is until you mess with them or their pack in a way they don't like.

All anatolian experts say that if you friend is coming over to hang out. Stop him at the door for 30 seconds and introduce your dog so he doesn't think its an intruder.

gritchie4

At least the beagle is going to be alright. I have three dogs, a pit mix, a puggle, and a min pin, and last week i got home from work to find the pit mix and min pin in a fight. Lets just say our pit mix was winning cause she is like 5 times the min pin's size. I had to drop everything and shoved my hand in the pit's mouth to pry it open to let the other one free. I would rather get bit by the dog than have her hurt the other one. By the way, they fought because they are both females and both try to be the dominant one. Constant struggle with them two.

And your neighbor is one of the many reasons that pit bulls get a bad rap. When i took our min pin to the vet to get her wounds looked at, the vet was like you cant trust pit bulls. I wanted to hit him and walk out. But anyway, you got a great guard dog. Must feel pretty safe at night.

kospaintball

yeah the only thing i worried about was a puppy getting hurt and sure enough... the beagle is bouncing around this morning trying to play with our cat.

seafansar

Glad your anatolian such a good guard dog! BTW, off-topic posts don't show up on the home page, but they do show up in the off-topic forum.

kospaintball

maybe that is my problem lol well learn something new every day.

Just a side note my neighbor just came over and told me that his pit bull is pretty messed up. He told me he must have been just playin around and not trying to fight.

I've never known a dog, pit bull or not, that would let another dog chew him for fun.

gritchie4

Yea a dog is not just going to lay there and let another dog bite him. He is going to bite back. At least the beagle is back playing and not affected that much by the fight.