Search results

1. IamELMO

Orchid Dottyback

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to having a go. I have a small tank but rotifers and phyto are very hard to come by (thanks MAF). Hopefully I can get some regularity out of these two and work out a schedule.
  2. IamELMO

Orchid Dottyback

In the last day or two (day one judging by egg development) my orchids spawned. This is their second known spawning - first was in the plastic bag on a long haul trip. Single jelly egg mass, about 15mm long by 10mm high. Yes, I will be trying to raise these at a later date, I'm just...
  3. IamELMO

RBTA - Problems

If it makes you feel better - mine came back from this to get maybe 8" across and split into two big anemone's
  4. IamELMO

What is this

Looks like it could be flatworms (planaria) to me.
  5. IamELMO

Zoo eating nudis

Possibly a smudge more purple if they are eating purple zoo's? I know they store the poison from what they eat, perhaps they also store the colour? Hmmm
  6. IamELMO

Zoo eating nudis

I had them and just removed as I saw them. It took a few months of constant vigilance. Are they the ones with things on their back? I had these and managed to rid myself of them, so it can be done.
  7. IamELMO

Acan help

Oh and lovely acans Cindy. Georgous
  8. IamELMO

Acan help

Thanks, I'll try lower it. The reason I had it where it is as in the first photo is was about the same height. One thing I can think of is I have a cheap nasty return pump and maybe it has lost some flow? In the first photo is was pretyy much right under the return and loved it but now I have it...
  9. IamELMO

Acan help

I got an acan some time ago. it was fully fleshy and well inflated, at night it'd extend feeder tentacles and generally was happy healthy and doing well. Now, for reasons unknown, it isn't inflating, it is still growing new polyps though and at night still puts out it's tentacles. Is there...
  10. IamELMO

Algae Problems

How old is your tank? Algae is a normal part of the cycle if the tank is new. Agreed the salinity is high but I wouldn't think that'd contribute to the algae. Ph also seems a bit high but not a major in itself either. Algae will use nitrate and phosphate and if the problem is bad - it'll use...
  11. IamELMO

What is this in my daisys?

To me - it looks like a small hairy mushroom (maybe Rhodactis). If it's anything like the one I have - they grow huge - like 6 inches across huge.
  12. IamELMO

Is this a parasite ???

It almost looks like its digestive system - mensurel filaments (or whatever). I don't know if elegance corals have them but that's what it looks like to me
  13. IamELMO

External parasitic worms

Oh and both have now detached so i can only hope for the best now as I doubt I'll find two tiny little worms in my tank.....
  14. IamELMO

External parasitic worms

I agree. I was only just talking about you and how you are on many forums and always seem to offer relevant and insightful advice. It must be one hell of a job. I thank you
  15. IamELMO

External parasitic worms

This is the best I could get. One seems to have come off so it could've general tank muck that got stuck on it's face. Who knows.......?
  16. IamELMO

External parasitic worms

It appears I may have introduced a couple of worms. They are on my female clowns face - two of them about 2mm long and white. They don't appear to be causing any discomfort at the moment but I kind of want to get on this before a/ it spreads or b/ worsens. What would the course of treatment...
  17. IamELMO

Any ideas what this is?

My vote is a spionid worm that has been encrusted with stuff and the eye is just a natural dark spot. Looks like it blends in with the surrounding algae.
  18. IamELMO

maroon clown bite RBTA

My maroon did this when it was first getting used to it. She was really rough and at times would bite and it part of the nem came off - the clown would eat it. Maybe gettig the stinging cells all over. My black and white clowns occassionally mouth the tentacles - I wouldn't say bite as it's...
  19. IamELMO

Sun coral in trouble?

I've actually found that light doesn't bother them - mine come out even under 250w MH lighting. Maybe yours are still adjusting? the tissue recession isn't a good thing but they can come back from it. Maybe the shrimp was too big for it and as a result it spat it back out? You could try cut...
  20. IamELMO

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

So jealous.