Acan help

IamELMO

I got an acan some time ago. it was fully fleshy and well inflated, at night it'd extend feeder tentacles and generally was happy healthy and doing well. Now, for reasons unknown, it isn't inflating, it is still growing new polyps though and at night still puts out it's tentacles.

Is there any reason why this may be? I have changed from NSW to ASW but otherwise nothing has changed.

Here are some pics (please forgive the crappy one, it was taken just now on my phone)

from this
acangrowth2.jpg

to this
retractedacan.jpg

Any ideas?

cindyp

where is it in the tank? it looks midway up. what are your params?
I keep mine on the bottom of the tank under 150 watt MH and 2x36 watt T5/Leds
it looks like its bleaching for too much light.

DesertOrchid

Nice acan.... what is the water flow acrossed it? I have a couple acans that sit on the bottom elevated on small rocks that I moved from a strong flow to a moderate to low flow and was shocked at how it would fill out. At night it does deflate some and the feeder tentacles extend. Check out that water flow and the lighting though... it just might help to move it.

cindyp

before.
036-3.jpg

here it is after being on the bottom of the tank for the last 3-4 months.
050-5.jpg

you can see where these are positioned in my 40 breeder.
058-3.jpg

IamELMO

Thanks, I'll try lower it. The reason I had it where it is as in the first photo is was about the same height. One thing I can think of is I have a cheap nasty return pump and maybe it has lost some flow? In the first photo is was pretyy much right under the return and loved it but now I have it by the wall?

This is an old photo but shows the position of the acan, top left hand structure

_MG_2791.jpg

But I'll lower it tonight and hopefully will see an improvement. Hopefully.... I really love it