Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Mr.Reeefer

WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

I think i am almost as excited as you are mate, and I don't even have the equiptment!!!!

I look forward to hearing about how this has changed your tank for you in the right way, as I rub my crystal ball I see many sps purchases in the future, that grow out of control.....

Congrats Dom, you deserve it mate with how long you had to wait

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

I think i am almost as excited as you are mate, and I don't even have the equiptment!!!!

I look forward to hearing about how this has changed your tank for you in the right way, as I rub my crystal ball I see many sps purchases in the future, that grow out of control.....

Congrats Dom, you deserve it mate with how long you had to wait

The amount of excitement I currently have, I think the whole world is excited with me :p lol
I can't wait to see how the tank goes either, I'm really looking forward to the things that I will get with running full zeo with some extras :yup: Well They all grow pretty well as it is so I'm hoping that I mainly get a colour improvement before I get growth improvements :) I want as much colour from everything as I can and growth comes next but I'll hopefully be able to sell some frags of the nice acro's I have :D

3 months is a long time to wait for something you've been keen on from the get go :p haha I'm just happy now :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's good to read your excitement Dom. You are so excited about the chemistry end of the hobby, while I sit here and have so much FEAR of it. :eek: I'm being forced into it & You're super excited to jump into it off of the highest diving board. I hope to see you do SUPER WELL with this!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It's good to read your excitement Dom. You are so excited about the chemistry end of the hobby, while I sit here and have so much FEAR of it. :eek: I'm being forced into it & You're super excited to jump into it off of the highest diving board. I hope to see you do SUPER WELL with this!

I love the chemistry, biology and science behind the keeping of a reef tank, it makes a lot of tasks like water testing and such a whole lot more enjoyable. Knowing how and why have always been things I am in an endless pursuit of and so having a reef aquarium really tickles my fancy and keeps me thinking :) Once you start to understand aspects of it (don't try and understand it all at once :p not good! haha) it builds and you become more confident and things become more enjoyable. Like understanding the level of priority a coral puts into the different tasks it undertakes and what environmental conditions effect it. I'm very much a maths-science geek lol hence why I'm studying civil engineering :) It also has that practical side where you can sit back and say that this is here because of me and if it wasn't for me it wouldn't be! It's an amazing thing and having so many different aspects to a reef tank is the best :D I LOOVVEE all the pretty colours and fish too :p that's the main reason why I do it and for the love of my animals but the science I find fascinating :yup:

Thanks Di :D I hope I can get super duper results from it!! :yup:

Looking forward to watching your progression Dom!

Thanks Greg :) I'm certainly keen to see how the tank goes as well :)

Basile

938297DespicableMeMinionRushGameExclusiveYouTube.gif

tumblr_muk2gcW7uY1snpvt7o1_500.gif

Hey congrats man on your purchase and finally getting your stuff, i know the feeling of finally getting are toys LOL . Hope to hear how things develop. Here's to shopping!!

tumblr_m46g6gKn311qeii60o1_400.gif

tumblr_mr0yu6LSIy1so373uo1_500.gif

clairebear

Hi Dom, I have a question for you. Will your Zeovit system involve dosing trace elements like iodine, potassium and iron? I have been thinking about getting the red sea reef colours test kit, mostly just out of curiosity. Do you think these elements matter or are depleted by LPS and softies or is it more important in SPS tanks? Thanks!

Sent from my HP ENVY X2 PC using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
All of those pretty much sum up my reaction LOL I was sooo happy finally having it and now that it's running I'm even happier!! Polyps are out everywhere (slowly :p) but it's got me excited and hopefully it continues to get better!!

ZEOvit systems have trace element supplements but the basic setup doesn't involve any trace element addition. I think with good feeding and a good coral food you shouldn't need to add the red sea colours but that being said, you won't know until you've tried and with such a well tested product it would be worth a go just to see :)
ZEOvit however do have element supplements that are very well tested and used :) They will work out to be a little more expensive but they're more individual so you can really see what works and where :) (Offsite link):
Korallen-Zucht Elements

clairebear

Great to hear it is having an effect already! Thanks for the advice too.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Great stuff Dom, really pleased everything is working. It is a great way to control what goes on and like you I'm interested in the chemistry which is what drew me to the zeo way. As you monitor and adjust- simple. My tank actually feels like it talks to me when something is wrong! Yours does too now.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Great to hear it is having an effect already! Thanks for the advice too.

Yeah it is! :D No problems :)

Great stuff Dom, really pleased everything is working. It is a great way to control what goes on and like you I'm interested in the chemistry which is what drew me to the zeo way. As you monitor and adjust- simple. My tank actually feels like it talks to me when something is wrong! Yours does too now.

I'm super happy as well, everything is going swimmingly :yup: It really is and I love doing all of the dosing and the different effects that the different aspects have on everything. I also love the reactions I've gotten from the corals, everything is so much happier and there has already been a boost in growth in a lot of my acro's :) I'm starting to get some real colour improvements as well and the algae is really starting to take a beating too :) And this is after only two weeks and without the carbon :) I'm adding that tonight though :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wonderful aquarium! Sorry for the late following. Been very busy with work.
I will be tagging along now. Please feel free to ask me anything as you progress into the zeo world. I have no doubt you will do well with it.
Very exciting!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wonderful aquarium! Sorry for the late following. Been very busy with work.
I will be tagging along now. Please feel free to ask me anything as you progress into the zeo world. I have no doubt you will do well with it.
Very exciting!

Thanks for stopping by Frankie :) I'm glad you think so, I really do put my heart and soul into the care of my animals! Not that the algae really ever bothered me a huge amount apart from a couple of times, since starting zeo up on the tank it has taken a massive beating! I can see rock again where I didn't even know it existed haha and the beauty of it is that I can continue with higher feeding and more regular because of the anthias and not have to worry about nutrient input as much due to the increased efforts of the zeo :)

All of my corals have gone ballistic since starting it up and I'm starting to see it especially now as I'm into the third week of zeo and having the full compliment running. I get more polyp extension during the day on all of my acro's and it's just stupid during the night, it's like they're trying to escape! I'm getting new growth everywhere and colours I've never seen :) Lots of encrusting everywhere on all of them but heaps of branching and expanding as well.
The zoa's are really popping and multiplying and colouring up fantastically, the blue zoa's I bought have looked dull for a very long time but they have really turned their true blue colours again and have grown heaps recently. My lobo is looking as fluffy and puffy as ever and my ricordea are bright and quite happy :) all since starting zeo! I'm so stoked with the results I'm getting and it's only early days! My beautiful, pride and joy, t. maxima is loving life and is so happy it doesn't care about being brushed with my magnet cleaner or when the hawkfish perches on her when I'm feeding the fish :)

Aside from getting a darker skim and happier corals, the most noticeable thing with having setup zeo (and now adding the carbon to the mix as of a couple nights ago) is the distinct lack of the haze/fuzz/dusting of algae over the rocks and certain algae, it's been completely wiped out and so that to me is the best indicated that the system is working and doing it's job, the mulm I'm getting is good too so that's always another good sign :)

I do have a general question for you though, what are you favourite/most used extra products??
I'm currently using coral vitalizer, bio mate and sponge power and I adore all of those, I also have some xtra to try but I haven't started that as I'm waiting to get my nutrients a little lower again. Any others you use and love??

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Not the best of photo's but here's what I got and and most of the corals have been covered and some random shots of rockwork for algae reference :)
I suppose I'll start off with a good ol' FTS:

Side shots:

Rockwork and algae references:

Now for some coral shots:
Acros:

Zoa's:

Ric garden:

Lobo:

My baby :)

A few frags I have growing out:

As per usual the photo's don't do justice :p lol everything is looking absolutely awesome, especially the two acro's I got from Fragalicious :) The green fuzzy acro is the most mind blowing emerald colour I've seen thus far!! Still a long way to go with both my acro's and also my photo's :p Hope everyone enjoys! It's as much a reference as anything else too :)

Last edited:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks guys :D still a long way to go but I'm loving every bit of it :)

Frankie, she's a decent size, bigger than two/three fists together. Maybe just on 6 inches or so :) Since I got her at the start of December last year she's grown heaps! My absolute pride and joy in the tank

Frankie

RS STAFF
I was wondering how you knew it was female so I went back and in the full tank shot it is obvious. ; )
That clam has so much growth on it, it looks like you just plucked it out of the ocean!