~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Brotha... all I have is m-IRC.

LOL Boozeman... I don't do those things anyway :angel1:

Lisa, Thank you for the very kind offer but I should be able to manage it with the help of my son and husband.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I went black for the same reason Dave just said. I used black rustolium paint and used a fine sponge roller to apply it. came out awesome and holds up well. Are the overflows black?
Cool thread start Doni!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Black paint, coronas and coffee! Got it :thumbup:

Alright, the sump is done, I am much wiser ....and stoned! LOL~ Whew.. those fumes...

The first baffle is just a tad slanted, I must have pushed it putting in the other two baffles but didn't realize it until the silicone was starting to harden so I just left it.

Anyway ... here are a few pics..

2007Newsump1.jpg

2007Newsump2.jpg

2007Newsump.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF

..you might be a Reef Addict if you enjoy pulling silicone from under your fingernails... :D

lcstorc

I can't wait. This is almost as good as upgrading myself.
Why is every tank upgrade not complete until you have a cat, dog , or child in either the tank or the sump? :)

I am anxiously waiting for pics with everyone else.
:)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yes, it is high. But I do think the angle of the pic and the silicone alter the view. Chamber one is the refugium and the baffle holding back that water is 14" high... 2" below the tank's top line.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I will say that calking the inside of the 2nd and 3rd bubble trap baffle was tough! I had to put the bead of calk first on the aquarium wall and then press the baffle up against it.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Awesome job Doni! I can tell a good seal when i see one. The edge wil be black. Im impressed! Orange juice is a good cure for the high BTW. ;) :alien: Two thumbs up :thumber: :thumber:

Woodstock

RS STAFF

Using the Tank Water Volume Calculator I calculated that my 40 breeder sump will hold a total of 31 gallons. Not bad... but I wish I would have made the bubble traps higher so it would hold more. I could have made a stand for the asm g3. Still I am very happy with it! :)