~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi Doni,

Just thought I'd stop by to thank you once again for helping me out along the way. I'm about 2 weeks from putting water in the tank and you'll be happy to know that with your guidance I've set up a water storage and change system just about as you have yours. House fumigation takes place at the end of the month and I should be ready for an operational check first week in November. Wanna be like you some day! ;-)

LOL~ Be careful what you wish for ;)
I am thrilled that you have found my journey helpful! You will grow to appreciate the reservoirs a great deal!

Yarr

Hi Woody! It has been almost 2 1/2 years since i last logged on here.
It might take me a while to troll through 226 pages of yoruithread but glad to see that you are going stronng.... Now.. where have I left my thread...

Ok here is a VERY LATE stupid question... Way back in 2007 you bought 2 yellow headed jawfish ,what happened to them?! You never said they died or disapeared ..... Sorry about moe and Chiquita .

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Ok here is a VERY LATE stupid question... Way back in 2007 you bought 2 yellow headed jawfish ,what happened to them?! You never said they died or disapeared ..... Sorry about moe and Chiquita .

That was PRE-Quarantining times :cursin: and they died. Of what, I am not sure as I don't remember.
Nowadays, I HIGHLY recommend quaranting everything prior to adding it to your display.
Inverts should be QT in a non-copper tank for at least 4 weeks and fish should be QT for 8-10 weeks.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
**update**

I apologize that I have not updated this thread sooner but due to my time contraints and considering I still had 27 other aquariums up and running, I tore down this 120 gallon system December 2010 (about 1 year ago).
I moved my favorite anemone, clownfish pair and two euphyllia corals into my 60 gallon cube. This downsize helped reduce weekly maintenance and freed up a little more time for me.
I do miss my reef tank A LOT and have been tempted with getting another large reef tank set up (120 gallon, 6 foot).... But, since we will be getting new floors in our living room within the next year, I have been able to resist that temptation. :grind: