~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Stand & Canopy

I have the stand/canopy and tank now! :thumbup:

HOWEVER, the stand and canopy will need to be refinished before it is ready. They are well made but the stain needs redoing. I think I will replace the hinges and add some molding too. Those things will keep me busy until I get the plumbing kits for the overflows... I was surprised that the AGA overflow plumbing kits were not in the tank. I thought they were included.... I will call the LFS tomorrow.

Here it is! Patiently waiting :D
20070127StandCanopy004.jpg

20070127StandCanopy003.jpg

20070127StandCanopy001.jpg

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Sweet... must feel like Christmas all over again!

I see your stand is completely enclosed... I would consider venting the back of it before placing it in it's final resting place. When I had my stand built, I specified an open back. That's one of the reasons I can run chiller-less in South FL. It also helps me with my Kalkwasser top-off, as the evaporation rate due to the added ventilation allows me to dose the necessary amount of Kalk needed to keep up with my stonies calcium demand.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
It is open in the back. I guess the angle of the pic makes it look closed in.

Oh... I see it now :hammerhea

One other thing I did with my stand to protect it from SW was to line it with a rubber lining that Home depot sells. They sell it by the foot off a big roll.

danfish

Re: Stand & Canopy

I have the stand/canopy and tank now! :thumbup:

HOWEVER, the stand and canopy will need to be refinished before it is ready. They are well made but the stain needs redoing. I think I will replace the hinges and add some molding too. Those things will keep me busy until I get the plumbing kits for the overflows... I was surprised that the AGA overflow plumbing kits were not in the tank. I thought they were included.... I will call the LFS tomorrow.

Here it is! Patiently waiting :D
20070127StandCanopy004.jpg

20070127StandCanopy003.jpg

20070127StandCanopy001.jpg

i have the same exact tank and i know for sure the overflow kit dosent come with the tank, unless you made a deal with ur LFS that is included with the price. i made the same mistake with mine and i had to pay an extra $100 ($50 each) for them. good luck, everything is looking good

BTW if you dont mine, how much did you pay for ur tank (tank only) i paid $580 plus $100 for over flow kit ($680 total) and i think thats on the high side, did u pay that much?

cioutlaw

Re: Stand & Canopy

i have the same exact tank and i know for sure the overflow kit dosent come with the tank, unless you made a deal with ur LFS that is included with the price. i made the same mistake with mine and i had to pay an extra $100 ($50 each) for them. good luck, everything is looking good

BTW if you dont mine, how much did you pay for ur tank (tank only) i paid $580 plus $100 for over flow kit ($680 total) and i think thats on the high side, did u pay that much?

I have the same 120 AGA tank & had the overflows drilled special location & still paid $490 at the LFS, had to wait 3 months for it although & yes the overflow kits were separate.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
My Reeflo Tarpon Sequence pump will not fit. It is too wide. I failed to take into account the bracing inside the stand. There are 2x4's that reduce the usable length inside the stand so I would need 4" more to get the sump and return pump to fit :(

I have only 7" of width and 20" front-to-back to work with. Any ideas which external pump to get?

It will need to pump approx 1,100 at 7' head.

aquaman3680

At the fish store that I worked at we sold the overflow kits seperatly... I guess we had to order them seperate... I don't know why though. As for a pump you could use a quiet one. Works great for me

Matt

Frankie

RS STAFF
Cool Doni! i'm so excited for you!I like the set up with the canopy. Easy in and out. Have fun with the lighting and if you need any help or advice just call!

ghostwolf

Doni, I am so happy for you! Looks like everything is coming together nicely. Have fun setting up and aquascaping!!!!

Lin