~Woody's 120 Escapade~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Soon, soon it will be finished. I could use an 'adult beverage' right now but instead, I am drinking milk and taking an advil. LOL~

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Oooh! The Ibuprofen cocktail. It'll cure what ails ya. Best pain reliever ever devised! I wonder if anyone has ever studied inflammation in fish and what, if any, Ibuprofen's effect would have on it. Just a theory, but, perhaps a non-steroidal anti inflammatory, in small doses, could be beneficial to reef fishes.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I've been working on getting the dry plumbing completed while paint dries and was making great progress until I opened the AGA Overflow kits... the bulkheads are hose-barbed and not slip.
:hammerhea

*sigh*.. The LFS will not swap the bulkheads :( and I will not pay another $40 for the correct type; so, I am taking the kits back to the LFS and will build my own durso stand pipes.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Go for it Doni. Stand pipes are easy to build. Just remember not to use glue. Just fit it all together and stick it in the hole. This way you can take it apart for cleaning. I modified the durso pipe into a Frankie pipe. It takes up less space and is very quiet. If you want a picture of it let me know.

cioutlaw

I had the same problem but got lucky & my LFS swapped me. I dont think building a set will be too hard. I would have built some but when I ordered my tank he automaticly added them into the price & I didnt know they could be purchased seperate till later on.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I got all the parts today. My husband needs to drill holes in the stand for the overflows and then I will be able to put the durso standpipe together and finish dry plumbing everything.

A few more coats of polyurethane and dry plumbing is all that is left to do :thumpup:

BrothaWolf

I've been working on getting the dry plumbing completed while paint dries and was making great progress until I opened the AGA Overflow kits... the bulkheads are hose-barbed and not slip.
:hammerhea

*sigh*.. The LFS will not swap the bulkheads :( and I will not pay another $40 for the correct type; so, I am taking the kits back to the LFS and will build my own durso stand pipes.

My LFS only charged me $5 for a new bulkhead. I was lazy on the drain and just used a hose :hammerhea

Witfull

Go for it Doni. Stand pipes are easy to build. Just remember not to use glue. Just fit it all together and stick it in the hole. This way you can take it apart for cleaning. I modified the durso pipe into a Frankie pipe. It takes up less space and is very quiet. If you want a picture of it let me know.

glue the 1'to 1.25 adapter together,,,the adapter can get stuck in the bulkhead and when you pull the standpipe out,,,it wont come out,,,,just the pipe will,,,,,trust me on this,,,,its a PITA to reach!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
glue the 1'to 1.25 adapter together,,,the adapter can get stuck in the bulkhead and when you pull the standpipe out,,,it wont come out,,,,just the pipe will,,,,,trust me on this,,,,its a PITA to reach!

Ditto !
The loc-line my LFS carries it, if you can't find it then premiumaquatics and marinedepot sell it.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks. I will need to find a LFS that has it in stock tomorrow. I noticed that the AGA kit had a dual outlet lockline for each one.

Frankie

RS STAFF

I agree with you. Mine did that just the other day. Next time i pull them i'll have to glue them up.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Another set back. When polyurethaning the trim this morning, in spots the paint was coming off :( Evidently 24 hrs is not long enough for the paint to dry since my garage is cold. The spots are only a few and they are very small. I am not sure how to fix it just yet...

saltwaterfarm

Can you touch it up? Either with a small paintbrush... or a black sharpie... Or, will you repaint it all?
You do have the worst luck don't you... You handle it well!