Why ReefSanctuary?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sunday is a good day for a revival!!!

Come on friends......Join the community!

Gazzaeng

just like to add I'm completely new to marine keeping and I've signed up to about 10 different forums but this is the one I check everyday actually this is the only one I check now really helpful especially to newbies like me!!!

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Why? Because wonderful people here helped me to setup my first tank 10 years ago and 10 years later, is helping me to setup my 2nd tank with the latest techniques. Read all the info available, designed a plan and off we go :)

Mjcj34g

Because there is nowhere else to get great advice from great people and win great stuff from a great forum!

ReefingFun

Cool topic :whstlr:

Guess I'll add my opinion!

1) Simply because you immediately feel that every single member of this community has the greatest interest in taking care of their aquarium. They do not try to sell you stuff you don't need, like shop owners would, as after all shops are and always will be about profit. This is why this is such a great place to come too. Legit advice to base your research on, without having to be suspicious if the info is correct.

2) Mods are just... dunno the proper word for it ... "heavenly"! I mean, go to most(not gonna say all as there are some exceptions ofc) other forums and you will see admins and mods trying to be cocky know-it-all's. Here they treat you like equals, help you as much as they can and best of all, they keep it up over the months/years. Most take it for granted that you're always nice to people, but having been a mod myself(on another forum), it's very very stressy sometimes! So props to them rly for keeping it up!

3) Last but not least, the forum stays active. You won't find many threads that didn't get an answer. No matter how stupid your question might seem, someone always tries to help you out.

In short: There is no better place in heaven or earth for your aquarium information :thumbup:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great post ^ !

Though I would add this link and thought to this to thread:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/suggestion-box/42827-what-history-reef-sanctuary.html

A real Sanctuary of reefing forums !

Did you know when Teri & Travis started RS & picked the name Reef Sanctuary that was the thought...

how cool is that !

:welcomera to reefsanctuary
745.gif

Choff

I couldn't be happier that I stumbled onto this site when I got back into reefing last year. It has been the single most critical source of trusted friendly information that I have come across. I have never been made to feel stupid for asking a question or been told to do a search because it's been asked a million times. You couldn't ask for a more welcoming community.

It's why I became a premium member almost immediately. I wanted to support the site and the way I look at it the info I picked up from here saved me 10x the price of a subscription.

*I am in no way affiliated with the site nor get any kickbacks for shameless plugs.. But I certainly wouldn't refuse them if they came my way <cough> :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
This truly is a great place and it is due to all the wonderful, helpful people who join our community. Without you all we wouldn't be what we are!

pjb9166

This truly is a great place and it is due to all the wonderful, helpful people who join our community. Without you all we wouldn't be what we are!

I also agree. After being out of the hobby for 15 years. I have learned a lot here.
Paul

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Choff

speaking of...looks like my membership just expired. Have to take care of that.

edit: done :D

double edit: I dig the new premium graphic.

david42

I used to do a lot of searches for a specific problem. It seemed like the best results, the friendly ones, with the most information gained from real experience from people who really want to help, were on Reef Sanctuary.