Why ReefSanctuary?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm not sure if this is the right froum for this but I figured someone will move it if necessary.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to talking about our little community in general. We all know that there are many forums out there and a lot of them are really good but through my time, I have found RS to be the place I call home. Call me crazy but listing out the good qualities of this place (without trashing other forums) might be helpful to those looking for info but not knowing which community to join.

So I'll start:
1.) RS is made up of polite, knowledgeable people who will take time out of their own day to help you.....pay it forward and it will pay you back in the future (unofficial motto). :thumbup:

Please feel free to add!!

Thanks

PSU4ME - Member since 2003

tnwillia

I think you said it all. I do research in other forums but this is home and where i get all my help. There is no better forum for the RSM tanks and "freindly helpful people"

gch.3

I also do research on other fourms. Here is where I Like to call home the people here will go out of there way to help you. They care about your tank as much as theirs. It is like one big family!!

Dweezil

I come here because there are actually "real" people on the other side of the keyboard. People I have come to care about, people who I would send Christmas cards to, people who I would invite into my home, people I now consider friends. That's rare to find on any forum type setting.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Awesome stuff guys, couldn't agree more!

I hope others join and experience the same.

BK

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
In addition to all of the above, I think gch.3 found the keyword - family! Unlike other forums there's a family atmosphere maintained here that makes it unique IMO. :)

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 on all above very well said. You make this the best forum.

I also think the very nature of Reef Sanctuary not allowing "flaming" and very little tolerance for "nastiness" (some here and there but very rarely and then usually very warranted) causes everyone here to think about what they are typing and try to only offer proper and supportive advice. Sometimes that means the cold hard truth, but usually just that, and not a personal attack.

I think somewhere it's written that this is a sanctuary from some other ways of doing the "forum thing"

I'd like to thank you all for making this such a great place to hang out.

Robzilla

I do tons of research on all things SW to make my tank the best it can be.....and day after day, it all leads back here. The best info is here, but more importantly it is actually a community. People give opinions but don't force them. And the fact that there is no judging or "powning of n00bs" is amazing (because I would have nothing to do with it).

The ONLY reason my tank is doing so well is because of RS.

THANK YOU REEF SANCTUARY!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The best thing about Rs is this "it's a great starter forum" the folks here will walk you through setup and basic care without the attitude you may find on other forums and we will go out of our way including hours of research to answer any off the wall questions you may have.

As people grow in the hobby and get more specialized they often move away from Rs to join up with a like minded forum, this is not a bad thing most of them still call Rs home, this very well maybe the best starter forums on the web,

As mentioned above real people that care and a respect you, that you probably won't find on any other sites till you have reached their level in the hobby.

magnetar68

I am active in a few forums. I have found that different forums have some specialized knowledge. For example, Nano reefs have evil and some other very knowledgeable folks on DIY lighting. But hands down, this is the friendliest place on the web for reef tanks. It's also king of the hill for the ram tanks. I just find that most of the folks here are trying to be helpful rather than make themselves feel smart by calling other people stupid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

catran

Everyone I've dealt with here has been really nice and friendly, with a sense of humor to boot! I love to learn and want a thriving environment for my reef. People here have helped me overcome a few battles and I really appreciate them for that! This is and will remain my home and my family. Actually, I talk to people here more often than I do some of my relatives, lol!
Reef Santuary will continue to be a very successful site and help a lot of people. I'm proud to be a member!

redneckgearhead

I couldnt agree more with what has been said. I like the fact that I never have to feel like Im asking a dumb question. And when I or anyone else asks a question they dont the get response of "Read the stickies" like some others forums Ive seen.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well done Bryan. I don't know how but I totally missed this thread when it was created.

:thumber:

PIMPALA

I love this place more than any other reef forum... and im registered on several. I just keep coming back here.

Bigger forums move too quickly, you cant read all the threads, or keep up with all the members... and the mods go crazy with their power trips.

Smaller forums move too slow, there isnt enough info, and they dont hold my attention.

RS is juuuuuuust right. It has the perfect balance of everything.

Good stuff everybody and great thread Bryan! I like how people joke around and are not condescending, for the most part.

That being said, unfortunately you will always run into people that have a sole purpose of making others miserable, it seems that is part of life.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've made tons of friends here on RS, and I don't think I'll ever be leaving. Any questions that are asked usually get answered within the hour, if not in minutes. We have such a large base of friendly knowledgeable people that basically every answer is just that, an answer. As others have mentioned, our pros are extremely helpful and friendly, always giving the personalized answers that are needed in this hobby. Add a few pinches of a joking atmosphere, and hilarity does often ensue.

I love our variety of members most though. We have, I beleive, three members from Guatemala, a large UK base, members from Germany and other members from all of the other corners of the world. With so many opinions and different methods coming together here, you really can make your own best and informed choice.

Thanks RS, for being there when we need you, as well as when we don't!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
2011-11-05_13-29-24_180.jpg

I do!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PIMPALA

Good stuff everybody and great thread Bryan! I like how people joke around and are not condescending, for the most part.

That being said, unfortunately you will always run into people that have a sole purpose of making others miserable, it seems that is part of life.

Dude. Was this directed at me? Whats your problem bro? If you have something to say, you should send it in a PM. NOT COOL.

>:-/