Trojan man!!!! lol virus from RS?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The injection went deep and far into the forum. It's going to take some time to find all the lil nasties and get them wiped out.

Good work Travis and thank you Funlad for the heads up.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
He found another in the chat section:

"Name: Virus found JS/Agent"

It couldn't find the specifics this time though...

redneckgearhead

logged on and started getting aleerts again. just logged off, cleared my history, cookies and temp files and all seems good now.

ReefLady

Staff member
That's all I needed to know this time... I took care of the culprit. Thanks! Your reports will help me weed these out one at a time!

He found another in the chat section:

"Name: Virus found JS/Agent"

It couldn't find the specifics this time though...

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
My work computer just caught this one:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Risk Found!
Security risk detected: Trojan.Malscript
File: C:\Users\n0118643\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\WXNQZSZ1\main[1].htm
Location: C:\Users\n0118643\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\WXNQZSZ1
Computer: LIBP02P-G0CO45F
User: N0118643
Action taken: Pending Side Effects Analysis : Access denied
Date found: Monday, January 23, 2012 9:31:32 AM

ChrisY

Not to minimize the issue, but we seem to keep seeing a recurring theme here. It seems none of us Mac users have had an issue, but the malware runs rampant on windows boxes. I might even stand up a Windows virtual machine and use it on the forum to see how long it takes for it to be compromised. (my virtual machine I mean, obviously not the server that we all know and love) :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I agree that Mac's don't have the problem but that really doesn't solve anything unless Travis gives out free Mac's to everyone who signs up.

If Travis goes for the free Mac thing, PM me for my address....thanks :)

ChrisY

While thats a great idea, I think that Travis isn't going to be able to pull that rabbit out of the hat. :) But in the future when members consider what should I get to replace my computer, just keep it in mind. :)

I was totally anti-Mac for many years. But when OSX came out and since I am old unix hack, I fell in love with it. It just works. I can get into the weeds of the OS as much as I want to but normally don't need to.

Chris

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
PSU4ME said:
I agree that Mac's don't have the problem but that really doesn't solve anything unless Travis gives out free Mac's to everyone who signs up.

If Travis goes for the free Mac thing, PM me for my address....thanks :)

+100
I'll take a new mac any day! How much for the shipping....?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Travis cleaned up what the hacker did and implemented new changes that have helped - there are no known problems at this time

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Here you go sir,

untitled.jpg