Trojan man!!!! lol virus from RS?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I have Norton 360 both at home and at work and it caught it at both places as soon as I logged in.
Originally when we had the problem 360 was catching it and then it went away for a while after it was cleared on RS end. Today it looks like it started again. I have no idea if it's the same threat as before or not.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Mark. That's good information. I can't figure out why I'm not seeing it on this end though. Kind of alarming but maybe it's only on certain PAGES on the site. Is there a specific page/area that causes this repeatedly? I'll give it a whirl if we can narrow it down.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I wasn't paying attention as to what page I was on but if it happens again I'll pay more attention and provide all I can.

steved13

PREMIUM
Most of that is over my head, but for what it's worth I use norton 360 and I'm not seeing anything.

spring

My Kaspersky report says it was a malicious URL http:// (XXX) modernyearssuccess(dot)com (XXX) /in.cgi?6

Ignore the "(xxx)" and spaces on either side I'm just using fillers. I got the notice of it when I first entered the this site this am.

Said is was a phishing url. I got no notice of a trojan though.

Kovu

this morning a trojan tried to attack my computer when I tried the site, thank god for anto virus protection.

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey guys, any time you get this please send me the URL you were visiting on RS. I am looking into it now.

T

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I keep getting blasted by them when I first come to the home page. On my personal and work computer..... But my phone is fine.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Hope this helps.

This popped up when logged in. It is also happening when I just click on the home page tab even when I'm logged it.

untitled-1.jpg

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Anytime...

I'll continue to post as they pop up. But I'm thinking that the source needs to be found and not each individual URL. Their could be hundreds or pre determined URL's within the source that drives this. I'm not sure just blocking each URL is the answer.

Just my .02 worth.

ReefLady

Staff member
I agree, it's more trying to root out the problem files on RS. I'm not blocking any URLs- I'm actually trying to isolate infected code on our server. The info I get helps very much... Don't really want to go into too much detail publicly.

Thanks for the info!

Anytime...

I'll continue to post as they pop up. But I'm thinking that the source needs to be found and not each individual URL. Their could be hundreds or pre determined URL's within the source that drives this. I'm not sure just blocking each URL is the answer.

Just my .02 worth.