Tok's RSM 250

bjasontoups

Awesome pic's Tok. . .does your camera setting and lens give you the vivid color pics or do you edit them in photoshop? either way im Jealous!

Keep the pic's coming

J

Tokalosh

Great shots!

Great growth & pics !

Wow, very nice!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sweet pics dude.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

That's some growth.

Great pics! Love the Flamehawk. That hammer is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome pic's Tok. . .does your camera setting and lens give you the vivid color pics or do you edit them in photoshop? either way im Jealous!

Keep the pic's coming

J

Thanks Guy's,

bjasontoups, I use a Cannon 400D and try and get an exact reproduction of whats in the tank.
I only use Photoshop to adjust the contrast and on occasion the F stop.
Other than that everything is as it looks.

Tok

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
AT 17:30 ON THE 6th MARCH 2012 MY 2nd THREE MONTH OLD RSM 250 CRACKED!!!

Oh dude I'm so sorry. That makes #2 rsm to crack in about a week! Much damage?

......reefing. not for the faint of heart or spirit.

Tokalosh

Some current pictures of the saga...

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

Waiting for someone from Red Sea to get in touch with me.

Tok

dmatt88

Behold the power of duct tape.

ho02ody

Sorry to hear about and see your tank bud!
looked great as well. You've done a lot in only 3months.
I'll certainly be waiting to see what red sea have to say about it with baited breath.
That's great duct taping skills I have plenty on the van incase luckily glad you showed me it can work.
Did the water do much damage? It will ruin the cabinet now as well If toms tank cabinet is anything to go by!
I wish I had sealed all the ends up after seeing how much water damage his had especially considering how careful he was to mop up all the spills!

Tokalosh

My cabinet is absolutely bone dry and the tank is dead level on all four corners.
I'm a little lost for words to be honest.....
I've emailed RS and will let you know what the out come is, I have requested that they send a rep out to have a look at the tank before i dismantle it.

So fare the Duck Tap seems to be holding, and the water level is stable, finger crossed it will last until the morning.

Tok

tnwillia

I think it's time Red Sea takes a hard look at the right front corner. It seems they all crack in the same place! Good luck Tok!

Built347

Those rs tanks are 1 piece of glass front and sides right?

.....VOTE Matt for Mayor!...

Built347

They do like nice.. with no seams on the front.. maybe the 1 huge piece of glass is just too much area to support for not thick enough glass

Those rs tanks are 1 piece of glass front and sides right?

Yes, Thats also the side with the power center insert. Like Tom, all of the cracked ones have that i have seen were on that side. Mine and Gomas leaks were on that side as well.

Tok, Is that two tanks on the same stand?
Have you ran a level from corner to corner (diagonal). To check for low spots or a little bit of twist in the stand? Even if it wasn't perfectly level that should not cause this but uneven support could.

Sorry!!!!

(by the way, nice work with the tape)
-John

Tokalosh

Tok, Is that two tanks on the same stand?
Have you ran a level from corner to corner (diagonal). To check for low spots or a little bit of twist in the stand? Even if it wasn't perfectly level that should not cause this but uneven support could.

Sorry!!!!

(by the way, nice work with the tape)
-John

John this is a brand new stand that came with the second tank. I checked the level on all four corners as well as diagonal before filling it with water.
It is standing on carpet that is 2mm thick with concrete under it. This is why I'm so keen to get a rep out to see the tank.

I'm also well impressed with this Duck Tap, I bought a roll and kept it in the cabinet after the first tank cracked. Just goes to show what what little faith RS has instilled in me.

Tok

Built347

I smell a recall and a major design change coming... if it happened to you guys its happened to a lot of peeps I'm sure.

dmatt88

This is your second cracked 250?

dmatt88

Nvm. I saw it. I'm never buying red sea. Sorry buddy