Todd's RSM 130D SPS Garden

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Todd - Reggie's T5 selection is in his signature:

"3x ATI Aquablue Special 3x KZ Superblue bulbs"

:)

TonyV

Hey Todd, I am kind of interested in the Hamilton. I'd be interested in seeing up close pics on your tank. Can you confirm that the 24" does indeed have 5 bulbs? MD and other online retailers list 4 but Hamilton's website shows 6. Also, how many LEDs does it have?

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Thanks Terry! I know the ATI bulbs are excellent bulbs! I have used them in the past as well as the Geissman bulbs.
Both produce Double the PAR output of their similar Asian counterparts!
This is why I would recommend to anyone with a already stock Max 250 to just swap out bulbs first!!!
You will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Be cautious, as you can really sunburn some of the corals beneath the new bulbs!

Tony,
Hi, great to hear from you! IF I GO T5's I will go with the Hamilton fixture. IT does indeed come with 6 bulbs. And it is bright!!!!
Whats nice is that they are staggered on separate switches. 2 for each switch, so adjustability is very flexible!! The LED strip runs almost the length of the fixture! I think it's like 8 led's.
The unit is completely sealed with cooling fans as well! And Hamilton even guarantees their bulbs and will prorate them if you have a failure! They are great to deal with!
And of course, the unit is built here. With USA and abroad parts. PM me Tony if you wish, I will give you a price if you are interested!
Thank you

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Tony,
If I can get by Hamilton tomorrow, I will pick up a few 24 inch units. I can then do a full review on them.
I will be picking up corals tomorrow, and it gets a little crazy, you know leaving the house at 5:30 and all.
I will call them to make sure they have them built up.....

reeferman

hey Todd,Terrys correct,3 ati aquablue and 3 kz superblue.kz does indeed have a much higher par.
i didnt even realize you ran an aquatics business.makes reviewing products a lot cheaper huh?

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Reggie,
Yes, I thought you new.LOL!!! We are a sponsor on here! Global Aquarium Supply Homepage for your Salt Water Aquarium needs including AquaC - Reef Complete - Acrylics - Hamilton Lighting - Spectra Pure
Getting ready to really update the website here shortly!
I have been a hobbyist though for almost 30 years! I have another set up I am currently working on a 80 gallon bowfront that is 30 inches tall!
I have been contemplating selling my house here and taking my business and family out of Californian completely. They have essentially ran the state into the ground, and ran out any substantial size businesses.
I could pay cash for a house in another state.......... Terry, any open houses on your street....................LOL?
PS I love the look of Tennessee!!!!! Going to make a trip there pretty quick!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Todd - lots of foreclosures in Charlotte, and prices have come down, though not quite as bad as some areas. I don't know how anyone can afford to live or run a business in California! Tennessee is a pretty state too.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Terry,
My wife originally mentioned NC as she was raided there as a kid!!!!
Yes, Tennessee is Beautiful!!!! WOW!!!! Yes, it's bad here! I have a feeling like 8 TRACK TAPES....................AND WE KNOW THEIR NEVER COMING BACK....................LOL

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Terry,
My wife originally mentioned NC as she was raided there as a kid!!!!
Yes, Tennessee is Beautiful!!!! WOW!!!! Yes, it's bad here! I have a feeling like 8 TRACK TAPES....................AND WE KNOW THEIR NEVER COMING BACK....................LOL

I hope you meant "raised" LOL!

Yep - Unfortunately I have to agree that the good times are gone for good. :( Pretty scary, but there are a lot of signs that we haven't hit bottom yet. I hope they're wrong about that.

Off topic now!

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Reef Snow Observations:
Well, I decide to try dosing Reef Snow in my tank to see what kind of responses I got from my SPS corals.
It is indeed in the very early stages, with thee doses thus far.
Reef Snow is a "Food"(Organic or Inorganic) I presume. It was engineered to replicate settling debris sinking down through the depths of our ocean to the sea floor.
This debris, dead Zooplankton, becomes recycled on it's way down to the sea floor.
The debris will become colonized with Microorganisms(bacteria's,protozoans) just to name a few. These guys recycle the nutrients inside the debri.
The Reef Snow I have been using contains Proteins, Lipids, as well as calcium strontium , mag, potassium and of course 70% water.
It does seem to be helping my corals with brighter colors.
However, I am not sure if it's the corals feeding off it directly, or if I am gut loading the bacteria in my water and then in turn the corals feed more off the bacteria and get a SUPERCHARGE of these elements as well as proteins and lipids.
Previously, I felt that protein skimmers could not overskim. Well, lately I am thinking they may be taking different elements out of our aquariums water and our corals are lacking from this.
Could Reef Snow be adding something back to my system that I am lacking? I think it could possibly be several things. Potassium is one of them. Amino Acids could very well be another.
I have pages of notes, and I am sure there will be pages more to come.......................

redseareef

RS Sponsor
FRIGGEN HP key pad.....................LOL.......YES, I MEANT RAISED!!!! She's only been raided by me...............lol...................Dang it.....DID YOU HAVE TO GO THERE.....???:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Thanks Terry!
My Reef Snow is fed along with Phytoplankton, oyster eggs, and Coral Frenzy. Every other day the tank is fed 1/4 teaspoon of each at night after the lights go off. And oby do the acropora feed! Many colonies let out long filaments that catch the food particles.
My bacteria is built up enough in my system where I can feed like that and my nitrates and phosphates are still zero. Just rying to squeeze every bit of color and growth out of these guys that I can;)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Todd, the town where I live is screaming out for a quality reef shop so why not emigrate? :away: :lol: Australia is supposed to be booming at the moment but i'm yet to see it though.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Leigh,
Fair Dinkum!!! I have been there and loved it! Traveled around Sydney, Melbourne, then Gold Coast. Then flew to Tasmania and stayed there for almost a month!!!
ITs a great place with AWESOME PEOPLE!!!! I loved it! I even got used to the hamburgers with beets and eggs on them!
My favorite was Shark!!! I loved it! That and Redback Wheat beer!
I could live there in a heartbeat! I hope it comes back for you guys! It looks to not be coming back here for quite some time.
We need to get a real leader back in the White house first................

reeferman

now i know Todd!:dunce: one of my lfs just closed up so we are down to one but Atlanta is seeing a lot of stores spring up.pretty good market there.Tenn would be my choice,beautiful country.
ive been using Aquavitro Fuel for a while now with pretty good results.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Reggie,
Does the Aquavitro seem to be working for you? It's hard to tell sometimes when your adding different foods. You have to switch off and add one at a time and monitor.
I wish I had the Max 250. I know its so much easier to run!

reeferman

it seems to help.i use it twice a week,about an hour before lights go out so the daytime eaters can feed a little but its mostly for my acros feeding at night.i havent experienced any adverse effects from it like i have with phyto feast and the likes.

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Reggie,
My skimmer pull out alot of what I feed! Seems alot may be wasted, so I have had to adjust amounts accordingly.
However, I do have a huge amount of zooplankton that come out swarming about 30-75 minutes after the lights go out every night!
And it seems that after the regular feedings their numbers have multiplied greatly!
If I leave a outside light on my Purple pseudo can see them and comes out and goes in for the kill!LOL!