The Bluespot Club

bluespotjawfish

They will! You can minimize this by getting a few rocks about the height of your sand bed, place them into the sandbed, then place a shelf rock on that and put your zoos on top of that rock.
I hope it doesnt burry all my zoanthids though.

Thanks Lynn! I'm happy to report that the Misses is eating. Still being shy, but eating well this past week.

sambrinar

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but reefhotspot has BSJ's on sale right now for $69.99.

I just got a blue spot from them on Tuesday, doing great, looks great and eating well

Lorraine, I'm sorry about your loss, keep us posted on the rest of the crew

BarbMazz

I'm so sad to read of all the losses lately. :(

But, congrats to Bren for her new acquisition!

I'm happy to say I'll be setting up a sea horse tank next week after MACNA. I'm bringing home one of the display tanks from the seahorse.org booth. Thanks to someone here ;)

Anyway, I'm going to also add a blue spot to this tank, as I know there will be no predators. Reef Hot Spot has been kind enough to hold a blue spot for me until after the show.

I've had the rocks for the tank in my refuge for awhile now, and the substrate is coming home with the tank from the show.

I'm excited to have another blue spot, and excited to get started with horses, too! :D

BarbMazz

HI Lynn! And thanks! :D I'm excited to have another beautiful blue. I'm putting this tank at the side of my bed. I think it's the perfect spot for a nice peaceful tank. I always read before I go to sleep, so this adds the perfect component to relaxing before sleep.

How are yours doing? Any more breeding behavior?

I don't suppose you changed your mind and are heading to MACNA? I'd love to see you and my favorite "Vegetarian" again.

lcstorc

I would love nothing more than to get to go to MACNA but it just isn't in the cards this year.
Having a bluespot/seahorse tank by your bed sounds like an incredibly good idea.
Sunshine and Moonshine are both doing great. Sunshine is still flashing but they seem to be dividing the tank in half. They have the sand entirely moved out of the middle almost like a line splitting the tank in half.
Pretty wierd but if nothing else, entertaining to watch.

BarbMazz

I understand that it's not in the cards, and I wish you were going to be there! :(

I did think the tank by the bed was a stroke of genius! :D

How funny they've split the tank like that! I think you must be seeing the "courting phase". She is resisting his limitless charms.
So, you have a tank with a valley in the middle! And, I'll BET they're entertaining!! I cannot wait to have one of those faces in a tank here again.

BarbMazz

Hi, Blake :) I'm so excited to get this tank set up! And, of course, to have one of these little faces to stare at again will be so wonderful.

Basser1

I'm not too sure if having a tank next to my bed would be a good thing! I'd be up going to the bathrroom all night! :LOL:

But seriously, I'm happy for you. I've always wanted a seahorse tank..... maybe someday!

sneaks03

I'm not too sure if having a tank next to my bed would be a good thing! I'd be up going to the bathrroom all night! :LOL:

But seriously, I'm happy for you. I've always wanted a seahorse tank..... maybe someday!

Shoot I wish I would have placed it next to my bed to begin with. When I have trouble falling asleep, which is common for me, I go sit in the recliner next to the tank and I am out.

bluespotjawfish

Although I am away from the Misses (back in Utah for a few days), I'm happy to report she has been eating again for the past week. Nothing cooler than to see her pop her little head out a grab a morsel!

BarbMazz

That is good news, Lorraine. I hope she continues to improve. She is a strong little fish!

Today is the day!! My new little blue spot arrived early this afternoon. He/she looks to be healthy, and started working two minutes after introduction into the tank. :D

Picked a spot under a nice hole-y cave-y rock, and between mouthfuls she comes up through the rock and peers out at me. She seems very curious. I'll be throwing a little food to her in a little bit, so that's the next test.

I was a little concerned because the temperature on this tank will be low for the seahorses, so I looked up Sea of Cortez temps. Turns out it's a pretty cool piece of water, especially down at the bottom. So I'm covered there... low 70's will not be a problem.

The planets are once again in alignment; cross your fingers that my new little fish turns out to be a healthy happy little girl/guy. I'm thinking of her as a girl for some reason, so I think that's what she'll be.

I think she'll be Pebbles II!

Pictures a little bit later...don't want to freak her out too much, yet.