The Bluespot Club

sambrinar

here's mine.. I don't usually name my fish..

BSJF.jpg

SeahorseBT

Lorraine, I think I have 2 males. They are in separate tanks. Still on the lookout for a female. Yours looks great Brenda!

sambrinar

he is beautiful what other fish do you have in your tank.. do you think the other fish you have affect their behavior

I have 1 picasso clown, 1 O clown, 2 filimented flasher wrassies, 1 yellow watchman gobie (who share the tunnels with the BSJF) and 3 PJ cardinals

My BSJF swims all over the front of the tank, which I hear is unusual

Thanks Blake

Jmoney628

My jawfish has built two homes and it seems like he is torn between the two.. on a nightly basis he goes from one home to the other.. is this common for them..

SeahorseBT

My BSJF swims all over the front of the tank, which I hear is unusual
Yes, so does mine. I think it has to do with the tank mates. They are much more bold in a calmer tank. The one in the 120 seldom leaves his burrow, but that tank is pretty busy.

Jmoney628, yes, that is pretty normal for them to change burrows.

lcstorc

Having one is the only requirement.
I will try to go through the member listing tonight and see who we are missing.
I will add you right now, but if anybody else is missing, please send me a PM and I will gladly update the membership page.

Last edited:

Jmoney628

please help.. i have not seen my blue spotted jaw fish in TWO DAYS.. i feed him a couple of nights ago and now he is gone.. In my tank I have 2) cleaner shrimp 1) blue yellow belly tang recently added 2) clowns 1) convict tang.. Do you think he is just hiding even though he is not coming out when i feed them.. I have lifted a few rocks were he used to live under and hide out at.. he is no where to be found.. it is possible someone ate him.. i hope not.. i am really worried and words of wisdom from the forum.. or is there anything else I can do to try and find him without taking out ALL of my rock..

Jmoney628

It is a 75 gallon bow front.. But i did find him :( he was 15 feet from the tank dried up.. I have a lid over my tank with maybe a 1'2 inch between were my filter send and return is.. but he was laying in that direction.. i can only guess he jumped out ... i am very upset.. this is my first blue spotted and now I might not get another one..

SeahorseBT

My 46 gallon sprung a leak a week and a half ago so I had to break that tank down. All the livestock got moved to various tanks and the bluespot got moved into the seahorse tank. H seemed happy and didnt even bother to make a burrow, he swam around like a blenny. That's so like him, he was so tame.

Unfortunately, last night, he wasn't eating and breathing a little heavier than normal. I tested the water and changed 10 gallons to be safe. Everything looked good. This morning he was dead. :( :( :( :( :( What a shame...I still have the one in the 120 though.

SeahorseBT

Thanks...I have to take a closer look at it. I haven't had a chance to leak test it with the hose to determine the source.