Tank Upgrade: RSM 130D to Marineland 70-Gallon Cube

Edison

The tank should progress a bit more rapidly than it has been. Getting the mounting hardware for the light took almost a month.

Going to do some water tests and if all looks well some mushrooms and a Zoe colony will be added.

Edison

The Life Reef skimmer arrive this morning and by mid-afternoon it was up and running.

By the end of the week the chiller should be here and once it's installed and running it will be time to start adding some softies and mushroom corals.
There's a Pali colony in the tank now and doing fine despite the occasional temp spikes to 82F.

Edison

The tank has gone though the inevitable diatom and Cyano blooms and over the past 10 days most all the LPS and softies have been added. The Golden Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse is enjoying his new tank as well.

The Gonaporas, Acroporas, clams and the other fish will be added slowly over the next few weeks.

The rockscape in this photo is only temporary, it will look much better once I can get some smaller rocks to prop up those big ones.

Edison

Did some aquascaping last night. After about 45 minutes we came up with this. Not done but looking a tad better.

Most corals are bunched in the corner so they don't get hit with rocks. They'll be moved once we finish.

The Gonapora, clams and Dedrophyllia are still in the RSM but are ready to move.

Added a Neptune Apex last week nd it's awesome. Images coming soon!

Edison

Thanks. Any idea as to ho to get the Rock 'Nem off that rock? I'd really like to get him off there if possible. I was thinking maybe put him (and the rock) in a dark area? His foot his attached way inside of a crevice in the rock and I can't get a finger in there to pry him out.

Last edited:

Edison

Looking a bit better now. All animals are now in the new tank and all are happy!

Still a bit more moving around but it's getting there.

Edison

Yes. Tank is doing well, just waiting for the new deep sand bed and refugium to get a little more active then I'll add some more corals and a fish or two.

I'd like the water and bacterial colonies stable before adding any more animals.

We did get one new fish, a Hawaiian Mystery Wrasse.

Had to bring the Blue Spot Jawfish back to the LFS because this tank is an open one and didn't want the little fellow trying to swim back to the tank from the floor.

It looks like the water chemistry is beginning to settle down though and we're hoping to see it ready for some new Acros in about a month.