Superfrog's IQ3 Pico Reef

superfrog

Hi there. Thank you to all of you that have welcomed me to your forum.
So this is my first real post (apart from my intro in the new members section). I thought I'd share my little pico reef with you guys first.

This tank has been running for a few months now and doing really well.

It's a 7 litre (forgive me for not converting to gallons) reef. The build includes a DIY ATO i built for this tank. I have 2 dymax LED fixtures providing the lighting. The pictures show a third fixture being a TAAM Rio Mini Sun Deep Sea Blue LED lamp which I have since removed as the light refused to work correctly on a timer.

The stock sponges and filtration media have been completely removed, in favour of 2 bags containing purigen and sea-gel in the rear 'sump' compartment.

Just a word of warning, I love pictures, so my forum posts tend to be pic heavy...

dsc02235k.jpg

dsc02234zj.jpg

dsc02230w.jpg

dsc02229r.jpg

dsc01924v.jpg

dsc02238t.jpg

dsc02320nk.jpg

dsc02297hu.jpg

dsc02212u.jpg

dsc02152y.jpg

dsc02207x.jpg

dsc02149x.jpg

dsc02147d.jpg

dsc01869.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Beautiful pico and nice setup! 7 liters is 1.85 gallons - definitely pico! Great pictures - We all love pictures! :)

IXL

AAAAWWWWWSSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEE ....
I also kill my post's with pictures, so your thread will be like a showtime event for me :) Nice Job

2 THUMBS UP BUD ~

OHmariner

I have a 12gal and I can't make it look as good as your 1.8 gal tank lol. Fantastic job, keep up the good work! And we love updates here, seeing how a tank evolves is fascinating! :yummy:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I meant to comment on the Porcelain - very good picture of a really pretty one! GrendelPrime - good call! You can tell it's a Porcelain by those fanlike feeders on the front.

Uslanja

Hi superfrog! Very Nice indeed! We really like our Dymax lighting also. Good choice! The Rio-Sun lighting is nice also, but it runs on a contact switch and once power is terminated it will not restart without activating the switch again. Still a nice light though, we run ours manually. Your photos are great! Needless to say, but we will anyway; post lots of photos please, we are enjoying your work!

superfrog

WOW! So many nice compliments! :D

I didn't really think the tank looked that good. LOL! Actually, I'm usually the one ogling everyone else's pics and trying to emulate all of you as my role models.

Thank you to all of you for your posts/advice/knowledge. The community is what makes this hobby great!

Yes, that's a porcelain anemone crab. He's about an inch big (from leg to leg). I noticed he molted yesterday. Will post a pic as soon as I can...still freeks me out everytime i see it! LOL!

The red coral on the bottom is indeed a blasto. will get an updated picture...

superfrog

Your photos are great! Needless to say, but we will anyway; post lots of photos please, we are enjoying your work!

Thank you. It's a pity i wasn't member of this forum while i was still building this pico as there were tons of pics i posted on a nother forum. I've pretty much maxed out on what can be done to this little setup.

However, if you want to follow my new build you can check out my RSM 130D here.

Here's a picture of my clownfish in the pico that I have set as my desktop wallpaper :)

dsc01919a.jpg

and my blue legged hermit, stopping to smell the palys :rolleyes:

dsc01789c.jpg

superfrog

more pics of the corals

dsc02187vw.jpg

dsc02148i.jpg

dsc02223zu.jpg

pic of the lighting
dsc02211k.jpg

a DIY media rack i built for the pico. It keeps the chemical media off the bottom of the filter compartment so as to avoid excessive detritus build up and makes maintenance easy as i just have to pull the little plastic handles the entire basket raises up...purigen bag and all... ;)
dsc01755e.jpg