Skimmer Group Buy

vdituri

Thats one skimmer?

No fair his is bigger than mine. lol
:thumbup:

Thats not gonna fit under my 55 tank. Guess I gotta upgrade. lol
Let the skimmer fun begin! :invisible

Buddha

I picked up mine yesterday afternoon on my way home, and assembled it last night. I was so excited I forget to get a maxi-jet 1200 (for the pick up pump), on my way home! LOL

Jack, thanks again brother! Had fun hanging' out and catching up with you!

naperenterprise

Can't wait... My tanks caling out for her new skimmer... I got my maxi-jet its sittin here waiting for her new friend to show up... ;)

Jack said its on the way, will be perfect timming now that my cycle is working... Then the real fun will start on the 330

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Bob here is your Skimmer :)

DSC_0001.jpg

As you can see from the Pallet I have plenty so if anyone is interested in the Terminator II I have the @ the same price

vdituri

Thanks Jack!
Got it this morning.
50 mins to hook together. Watched the video on the website AND read the instructions! lol
A historic first for sure.
Very bubbly. :swmfish:

BEELZEBOB

i just got mine WOOOOOO FREGGGIN WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

talk about overkill!!!!!!!!!! this thing is as tall as my tank!!!!

ah man im soooo excited, i think im gonna build it tonight, and set it up tomorrow. (need to do a lil scaping cause its soo much bigger than i thought!)

thanks Jack, you're the man.

just so everyone knows, i saved at LEAST 20 bucks goin though jack, and thats before shipping. (which Jack included)

Buddha

Bob, I put mine together last Thursday night, and installed it Saturday morning.....and sat there and watched it like a kid waiting for Santa. You should see the stuff it was pulling out this morning!!!

I'm VERY impressed!!!

Unless you're going to put yours in your sump, I highly recommend you undo all the plumbing and retape it with additional teflon tape! The fittings aren't all that tight from the factory.

Also, I took a small zip tie and loosely attached the 1/4" breather tube to the overflow tube on the collection cup. This just keeps it up high and out of the way.

Let us know how yours does!

vdituri

That is one of the few things I would comment on is the venturi intake tube.
They say to have it above the water level so it doesn't seep water on a power outage, but from a details standpoint there is nothing to clip it to.
It's a small detail to attach it to the output hose.

Working like a champ though! :grind:

Gumby

By far the easiest transaction i have ever had online for my fishtank and one of the nicest people I have talked to on the phone.

I look forward to seeing my new skimmer.

thanks!!!

Edd13

the 1/4" tube will build up salt in the line from turning it off and on to clean on the top ... i recommend about once every other month flush with RO water to clear the salt

Edd13

Thanks Edd. I probably wouldn't have even thought about that.

don't sweat it bro :thumbup:
... oh by the way... if you have clumsy hands and drop the venturi valve on the floor and it breaks ... it's only $10 :whstlr: ... i did that while cleaning it:smck:

naperenterprise

I built mine last night, and let it run. Came down this morning to see a bunch of skimate ;)

Its doing a great job. I like it.

Jack I'll get a picture of that internal tube for ya, I just didn't want to shut it off last night as I was anxious to see it work...lol

Great skimmer, Thanks Jack