Skimmer Group Buy

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I think that is the funniest part if you watch the video you would see there is no water in the chamber because there is no water in the skimer so we assumed it was cool to adjust anytime.

It is all to funny I had mine on the floor @ the shop when I did it in a trash can lid. :)

Gumby

I made my adjustment on the kitchen counter so when I started adjusting the tube, water was all over the counter, down the cabinets and on the floor. Its a good thing my wife was downstairs studdying and its a good thing it was FW instead of SW .......Wow that would have been an A$$ kicking! LOL

I am more well rested today so I might make some changes tonight and try to load and post some pics.

Gumby

OK, I have it in my sump and running....Here are my observations after it running for about an hour:

1. I have micro bubbles in my tank, I think i need to put something underneath the outflow of to catch the bubbles. I am 99% sure this is a sump design issue. I am open for suggestions for bubble catcher

2. The water level in the main column is where the top angles up approx 1.5" above teh D&D sticker. there is approx 1/8 of white foam above that.

3. Right now in the smaller tube..the water is overflowing the inside tube and falling about 2.5" down to the next level of water (between the inside tube and the outside tube. Is this where it needs to be?

Its tight in my sump, adjustments will be fun.....

Thats about all i have at the moment.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I have made a modification to mine that worksd really well the pout put from the skimmer to the sump I have plumbed with 3/4" pvc & have it about 1.5" under the water level.

everything else sounds good it will take a bit to break in then you will be on your way to a dry skim

Gumby

Well after 24 hrs, this skimmer is pushing some brownish bubbles to the top and there is a small amount of gunk in my milk jug. And the "prizm of constant adjustment"......no bubbles at all - when i get back from my business trip, it is history.

My 7yr old wants to know how many bubbles are in the tube....she thinks somewhere near a bazilion.

I am very very happy with my purchase. Thanks for offering it up at such a great price!

Gumby

Prizm has been unplugged and the amount of gunk in the milk carton is at about 1/8"

the top "cone" part of the Term has an brownish shade to it now.

naperenterprise

I find if you clean out the top part of the skimmer where the brown gunk builds up (regularly) it skimmes better, also clean the exit hole.

Mine is skimming great!

I have mine dumping into a 5 gallon bucket, and the amount of foam and gunk is unbelievable ;)

Stacef

Would you run a T2 on a 220g? Or would I need 2 of them possibly? Let me know your thoughts I am interested in one. Thanks!

Also--when would be the next time this is available?

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I have several tanks 240+ running them they are doing great PM me with a shipping address & I can get you a total price

BEELZEBOB

I find if you clean out the top part of the skimmer where the brown gunk builds up (regularly) it skimmes better, also clean the exit hole.

Mine is skimming great!

I have mine dumping into a 5 gallon bucket, and the amount of foam and gunk is unbelievable ;)

how frequent is "regularly"?

mines all sorts of gunky

naperenterprise

I personally try to clean it once a week. Its really quick and easy.
I let it go when I first gor it, and let the gunk build up and it almost stopped skimming, but this went on a new tank that never had a skimmer before, so that may have something to do with it.

You have the HOB right? Hows that workin out for you?

how frequent is "regularly"?

mines all sorts of gunky

BEELZEBOB

i freggin love it.

considering that i got it runnin it on an 18 gallon, it worx great!!!!

but i guess ill clean the top, its kinda black....