sebae anemone, or Long Tentacle? will my clown pair W/ it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new reefer 03

its still doing good, its white but looks happy!
it ate some frozen squid last night, and looks good in its little hole it found =)))))
i think it might be OKAY for now:lol: YAY

sambrinar

These creatures die very slowly and will take out the entire tank. Do not assume it is happy. Find an appropriate place for it, your lights are not enough and your tank is too new. "FOR NOW" is the ultimate word here.

yungreefer2410

okay your nem is most likely not going to be okay. Just take it back to a lfs and get the $10 frag. It might die there to so consider the 10 bucks a good deal

sambrinar

beat_dead_horse :banghead: AGAIN that is all I'm gonna say... well, my dad used to say "plug one ear so it doesn't go out the other side..." I think this would apply here.. You have gotten excellent advice. Do with it what you will,,, but NO complaints later :)

new reefer 03

:banghead:
i know, i have gotten great advice, i dont know why, but for some reason i just like to get many opinions, and double check them all...
sorry to anyone i made do this ( :banghead: lol ) as of updating the anemone, he is doing great he ate 2 squid pieces last night, and is looking "the same" !

Thanks to everyones help, on this thread and my supplementing one :hallo:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
they can OVER-eat! If they eat more than their body can digest in a "certain" period of time it can literally rot in their stomach. I don't think most people feed them more than 2-3 times a week.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I don't currently have one (Made your mistakes myself) but I only feed my whole tank every other day or less :)

new reefer 03

oh, ok
what about DTs live phyto / plankton, have you ever used that for your corals?
my LFS recommended it for my Xenias, and GSPs, which i know probably dont need much but have you ever used this product?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I'm going to make this as clear as I know how.....

Your LFS is screwing you! This is as blunt as I know. The Xenia needs LIGHT and good water quality!

Honestly you don't need anything for ANY of your corals especially not this early in the game. :)

new reefer 03

I will take it back when it looks like your horse :LOL:
it is eating, and looking fine, the only flaw with it is it has yet to gain its zoanthelae things back

BLAKEJOHN

I will take it back when it looks like your horse
Thats not even funny!!
Loosing it's zoanthel is the first step to its death. It can recover BUT IT WON'T under your lighting (you may have 4.75 watts per gallon but you dont have the PAR that it needs). Once a week is all it needs to eat if even that and they eat whole foods. That means raw uncooked whole fish or shrimp, bones and all, but no bigger than its mouth. Pease take it back and give it a chance.

This kind of irresponsability bothers me. Reason being is that people will purchase an animal from the sea and can't or don't know how to care for it (I understand your trying) and then it dies. Then they get another one and it happens again. Sooo many misinformed people do this and slowly our reefs are diminishing from this. It may seem that the reefs are huge and plentiful but they are not. They are quite small actually and the animals on them wether it be fish or corals take time to grow back. Alot longer time than it takes to pick one, ship it, sell it and then it dies.

naperenterprise

Ya'll know he's only 14 years old... My daughter is 14... I would give up...LOL

Do a google search on how to care for an anemone, and then come back and tell us what you learned... Thats your homework assignment for the day ;)

BLAKEJOHN

Do a google search on how to care for an anemone, and then come back and tell us what you learned... Thats your homework assignment for the day ;)

I know he's young but I hope that he is at least learning something through this.

sambrinar

You know Blake (seahorseBT) is 14 and he is extremely versed in this hobbie, I value his advice. IMO age means nothing. Unwillingness to learn and listen is another story :poke:

new reefer 03

all of these are quotes from the place on the previous thread!!!
Anemones prefer water free of organic wastes, which in most cases means you need to have an efficient protein skimmer. Maintaining the levels of trace elements in the water by performing regular water changes or the addition of commercially available supplements also seems to be important. Moderate current, in addition to clean water, helps exchange needed elements and rid the anemone of waste products. Some of the more delicate anemones seem to prefer higher temperatures in the range of 78° - 80° F and a pH in a consistent range of 8.2 - 8.4 pH.

i keeep my temp at 82 with all lights on, at 8 o'clock light schedule is noon-10pm

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cole for an ADVANCED animal the Watts per Gallon rule is useless. I have a tank with 13 wpg and I still lost my anemone. :rocket: If you want to run all over the internet and try to "justify" your mistake that's fine. It's your decision but be warned.... you can find just about ANYTHING on the net but that still wont keep your anemone alive. You have a moral responsibility to do what's RIGHT! Not what "Cole WANTS" to be right. It's time to "Man UP" and make an informed decision buddy. I know you can do it.... if I didn't think you'd wake up and do the "RIGHT" thing I would have quit posting here but I still have some faith in you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.