sebae anemone, or Long Tentacle? will my clown pair W/ it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavinca

Nice research cole. thats what you need to do.
However, :) you may have the required wattage to keep your nem friend BUT you more than likely dont have the PAR.

Par is the measure of the Strength of your light at water depth. Your PC lights arent very powerful with that respect. If you wish to keep your friend you need to:

1. upgrade your lights
2. Get in the habit of weekly water changes.
3. Learn to handle problems with your supplements a little better.

If you decide to keep this animal and he dies anytime soon like within 3 months.. Promise you wont get another till you do the above things.

Cavinca

If you like the cool tenticley look of nems why dont you look at frogspawn or the likes. Ive seen some very successful growth out of these corals under pc.

You could even glue these down :) :bouncer: :) Or move them to where you like them (with reason) and they wont just walk off and hide behind a rock.

new reefer 03

BigAl, i guess thats true :banghead: most of the internet is what you want to hear, not what you need to hear. i will think about taking him back, but he looks good still ( i know he has slow metabolism and can be reacting slowly, then just die ). Watts per gallon, i know it honestly means nothing, but i thought i might give it a shot since i saw it on the forum...

as for CAVINCA, i ABOSLUTELY WILL NOT GET ANOTHER ANEMONE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME!! i do like the hammerheads on the other side :look:

new reefer 03

sorry guys. i didnt give up on him yet...
yes, sambrinar, he is still alive. so far i have fed him twice, both times he ate ( i fed him frozen squid twice a week )

he is doing fine, he found a spot he like, i like too ( what a coincidence )
he is still white... but no puffy mouth, and is sticky to the touch !

Midnight

I don't think your understanding if you wait till he looks bad then it will be to late. If you want him to have a chance to live you need to get him to a good tank with what he needs while he still looks good. The only options you have if you want it to live is to get it to a better tank with better lights. If I were you I would find a local reef club and see if someone will trade you for some nice corals that your lights can handle.

sambrinar

He already looks bad. Bleached etc. And Al already told you that they can overeat and you have already fed it 2 times this week. GIVE IT UP!

new reefer 03

i do want advice, i just dont want to part with him. he has every thing like a healthy anemone except for being white. he is sticky to the touch, no puffy mouth, he eats when i offer, and he has a thick looking area near his mouth ( not paper thin )

lcstorc

I am copying this from your supplement thread. Not so much for you Cole since you have already read it, but for other members to understand why I believe you are being so hardheaded.

Personally, I am done preaching. I have said what I needed to say and it is up to you to listen or not. I have raised 4 teenagers and know that repeating the same thing does no good at all. Sometimes they just tell you what you want to hear while they learn the hard way for themselves. It is all part of growing up and unfortunately sometimes it is painful.
Ok I guess I preached a little, but I promise no more from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.