sebae anemone, or Long Tentacle? will my clown pair W/ it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
im hoping they will love the anemone back to health ( your all thiking "Ya Right !!!" )

Ya right !!! :lol:
Actually the clownfish will make it worst, my advice is return it to the LFS.

new reefer 03

well i guess that i will let it sleep tonight then maybe take it down tomorrow ( depending on its condition, i think it just pooped earlier )

new reefer 03

as of the zooxanthellae, he is still white.
but he isnt shrivvled up or anything like that, is he still okay? i plan on going and getting a bag of shrimp today atwalmart ( if he wont eat it my fish will. )

Midnight

I would have to say take it to your LFS. Even if it eats it will still need stronger lights to thrive or it will just slowly die. You seem like you care very much for your animals in your life and I think when it comes to this one the best care would be to get it to someone who has the right setup to keep it alive.

new reefer 03

if it come to parting with me nem, could T5's fit its needs? my dad could hold it for me (until i upgrade to a nice tank, in like 1 year)? he has 4 80W T5's, and 3 clowfish that all seem happy together ( i have the reget, and found her a friend ) would they host in it, and make it feel loved?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cole you've been given GREAT advice on what to do. It's up to you whether you decide to keep it or not but the best approach is to get it to a home with MH's right now so that it has the best chance of survival. When your new tank is up and running (and a year old) I'm sure you'll be able to find another Nem easily.

Cavinca

In my experience clowns are pretty ruff on their host. They could possibly kill it rather than make it feel loved.

Midnight

I have t5 HO and I know some people have been able to keep them. It would be better than PC. I think your looking at this the wrong way, because a lot of the time clowns are to rough on anemones and end up killing them. Anemones and clowns don't need each other to be happy. In the wild the clowns need the anemones to stay safe but in our tanks they don't need to be protected. If you dad has stronger lights you can give it a shot and see what happens, but if it was me I would take it to a LFS and get a nice leather or something.

new reefer 03

now the anemone has moved to a small crack in my rocks. do i need to pick it up, and get it out lol? i know i need to get him to MHs, but does it matter that he found a nice little snug home?

new reefer 03

i realize he needs to get to a LFS, but mine all suck, they wont give me credit, or just a $10 frag lol. thats all thats holding me back, im cheap that way...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cole don't try and move him around. They move around for reasons. It's trying to find the right light & flow combination. The more you try to move it the more stress you put on the animal.

new reefer 03

i realize that, the thing is he moved to a little crack with barley visable tentacles. does this mean he might be ok under the PC's? is he becoming happy, or dealing with what hes got?

lcstorc

No, he is not becoming happy. He is likely crawling in a hole to die.
Who cares if you get a $10 frag. I have given away far more expensive animals that I found unsuitable for my system. What you should care about is the life and health of the animal. When (notice I say when not if) it dies you won't get a $10 frag and you could well get a nuked tank.
Put the nem and whatever rock or rocks he is attached to in a container as large as required and bring to the LFS to hopefully recover. It is probably too late but I would at least try. It will more than likely detach from the rock in route to the lfs but if not it should do so during acclimation. Under no circumstance should you atttempt to remove it from the rock. Even if it means you have to give the rock to the LFS. Tell me how much the rock cost and if necessary I will pay for it. Just get the nem somewhere it has a chance.

chrome91

ditto, its just not worth risking his life and your tank. anemones already have not the best records in aquariums. theyre sensitive creatures that cant handle fluctuations or too little lighting. they will not show signs of dying right away, they will act normal for a bit, then slowly over a month or two become more deflated, deflated, deflated until one day its the size of a marble and dead

as for removing it from the rock, don't try. you more than likely will rip off some flesh and damage him. like lcstorc said i would just give the rock with him to the LFS and get them to weigh the rock, if the rocks 8lbs i would get them to give you a different 8lb piece of rock

new reefer 03

haha, theres no need for you to pay for my rock. i am calling my LFS's right now, none have answerred, i dont htink they are open yet.
i certainly dont want him releasing his crap in my tank.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
as of the zooxanthellae, he is still white.
but he isnt shrivvled up or anything like that, is he still okay?

I have already answered that question, it'll take a few months to recover it's zooxanthellae.

Cole have you taken the time to read that article I posted ?
All the answers you need are there if you really want them, just read !

Status
Not open for further replies.