RSM Owners Nature/Wildlife Pictures, Etc.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here a pic I took today of a Morning Dove eating at one of our bird feeders :)

IMG_0215dove.jpg

Blurp

Lovely dove, but the Crockadrake (it certainly is a male;)) made me wonder..LOL

We only have hedgehogs, wild boars and, once, saw a badger in the area around...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That's really cool Terry. They do have sweet little faces but would not want to come into contact with those teeth.

Me either! I don't see the foxes very often at all. I was surprised that one hung around for a bit. I'm always leery when I see things like a fox or a raccoon out in daylight - it's often an indication they're ill, or even worse rabid.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice picture Glenn! I really like our mourning doves - we get lots of them. My wife calls them pigeons LOL! Very peaceful birds and unfortunately one of the neighborhood hawks' favorite targets. I know hawks have to eat, but I'd rather they swoop down and grab their prey somewhere other than at my place.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
One of my neighborhood does munching on one of my bushes. There were actually 2 fawns on the other side of the fence but I only got one in the picture. I took the shot through my patio doors so I wouldn't spook them till I got at least one picture:

DoeFawns.jpg

That's one of my feeders with the baffles that keep the squirrels and raccoons off the feeders.

Blessed

Very nice pictures Terry and Glenn. That was sure a good close up of the morning dove! We don't see to many fox around here but every once in a while we will catch one under our bird feeders looking for food. I have never seen a raccoon either but our dog had the awful experience of trying to play with a skunk when we first moved here. P U!!!! I hope we never have to experience that again!

yungreefer2410

why does it have to be rsm owners? what difference does it make? they should change the name of this site to rsmsanctuary...

Sapphire

We have hedgehogs that live under our deck - they come out and eat the cat food (we even put a hedgehog ladder into the goldfish pond so that if they fall in they can get out. They now bring their young ones out and don't even mind if we go out and watch them. I think we have some photos somewhere... will try and find them.

We certianly don't have itneresting things like bears, coyotes, foxes etc but we do have keas - very cool - will find some photos of those too.....

Thanks for all the awesome pics everyone!! Makes you realise how diverse our backyards are!!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No hedgehogs in the Americas - I guess our closest counterpart would be our porcupines, but I'm not sure if they're even related. How's the Kea population doing -are the numbers still declining? Pictures of both would be nice to see. Yep - our backyards can be very diverse!

Blessed

Yes, post away. We love to see everyones wildlife and nature pics. Emma I would really like to see some hedgehog pics and I've never seen a Kea. What is it?

anewguy

took these a couple winters back. ironically though, just out of picture to the right was the city water treatment plant. smelled horrible, but shure was pretty!
cold1.jpg

cold2.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Cole - I'll trade you my backyard for yours! Nice picture!

anewguy - very nice winter scene. You shouldn't have mentioned the treatment plant smell though. :)