RSM Owners Nature/Wildlife Pictures, Etc.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
OK. It sounds like a thread is needed for us RSM owners to post pictures and share information on the nature and wildlife found in our areas. Birds, mammals, lizards, insects, flowers, etc. In your back yard, or on vacation. Even scuba trip or public aquarium pictures would be great, It would be nice if you could give an idea of your location in your profile, since we have owners all over the world now, and we may see things that we don't recognize.

Time to use that camera equipment for something other than tank pictures!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Just went out back and quickly got a hummer pic, and one of a yellow rose. It's a pretty windy day so a bit difficult taking pictures.

Hummer9_3_09.jpg

YellowRose9_3_09.jpg

And of course the batteries died on me after that. :(

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Geoff - glad you found the new thread and reposted the great pics & video.

Do you not get a territorial hummer that considers the feeder theirs, and chases other away? That happens to me every year.

rhogeo

Not really. There's always an "alpha" around who seems to hog it, but it's never the same one. I guess if you're the biggest at the feeder, you get your way, but there's always someone bigger out there.

I've seen as many as 8 out there easily. There's a Droll Yankees finch feeder to the left of it and we've had a lot of bright yellow finches come around since we've added it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The Goldfinches are my favorites! I'll at times see 5-6 hummers, but it usually a fight for dominance over who controls the feeder. One little tyrant was even chasing the much larger finches away from my seed feeders a few days ago!

redsea reefer

awesome pics everyone...

I dont think i can add anything in this thread cause the only birds flying around here are, Pigeons and Helicopters...lol

mbdave

Here is the Vallejo CA wildlife.

tortoise.jpg

tortoise2.jpg

One of my neighbors walks his tortoise, "Nikey" occasionally its 45lbs and only 3 years old. Way cool animal to walk :whstlr:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice scenery pics Varga.

Love that tortoise mbdave! Do you walk a tortoise or follow it around? :)