RSM Owners Nature/Wildlife Pictures, Etc.

pocketreef

Attention to the intruder egg:
Vista20ape20060.jpg

La tour de Peilz, Switzerland

Blessed

Thanks Reefmack for this great thread and thanks to all who have contributed such awesome pictures! I spent the last few hours going through a lot of my pictures and came up with a slide show I hope you all will like. First though I would like to provide a little background. My husband and I have been happily married for 30 years and we live in a log home in a small mountain community called Beulah in the Colorado mountains. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire 2 years ago and we are living on Hubby's income. On weekends we enjoy spending time together fishing, hiking, bird watching and just enjoying nature and each other. All of the pictures on my slide show were taken where we live or within 12 miles of where we live. All of the bear pictures were in our yard. We have beautiful trees, trails and wildlife all at our front door, and this is why I call myself BLESSED!

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Here are a few I took while diving off the coast of South Carolina...
IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

This dude was at the anchor line, he was some kinda fearsome looking fish lol, he was right at 5 feet long lol
IMG_1040.jpg

If ya look close you can see a hook i his mouth , when we got certified to dive we were told to help marine life when we saw things like this, Im not gonna tell ya what hand signal my buddy gave me when I motioned for him to get that hook out lol

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Blessed - thanks for adding more really nice pictures to the slide show - I really enjoyed it! It must be nice living in the type of an area most of us can only visit on vacations. I saw the raised feeder setup - pretty ingenious! Do you have any problems with the bears being destructive?

liverockaddic - nice Carolina dive pictures! One of those purple gorgonias would look nice in mt tank.

Blessed

Terry,
Yes, we feel blessed to be on vacation 24/7. The bears as of yet haven't been destuctive other than knocking over the barbeque and trash can a few times. My husband makes sure he cleans the grill real good after cookouts and we don't put our trash out now until trash day.
Blessed ~aka ~Brenda

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Ummm which one is the purple gorgonian? lol
I think there are several clumps of purple gorgs in the first picture, on the bottom. I'm guessing that's what they are. I think I know the hand sign you got from your dive buddy when you told him to pull the hook out of the barracuda's mouth! :)

Blessed - you are indeed blessed to be able to live in a location like that! Good to hear the bears aren't a major problem.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics everyone !!! Thanks for sharing !!!
745.gif

Blessed... your pics bring back my childhood memories... I grew up in Littleton and family loved to spend time camping in the mountains. Beautiful country !!!

Blessed

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I seem to take better outdoor pics than tank ones. Hope to see some more from others! Don't let this thread die!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
While seaching Photobucket for a picture of water bottles for Tammy (Dweezil) I came across a couple old pictures of a red fox that was out back - not the greatest pics but it keeps this thread alive :)

Fox2.jpg

Fox.jpg

Dweezil

That's really cool Terry. They do have sweet little faces but would not want to come into contact with those teeth.