Reefscavengers.com - Do Not Order!!

LadyLuna

I will be filing a complaint with BBB on this - I placed an order with Reefscavengers before and was very pleased however some of the livestock arrived DOA which was easily settled as they gave me a store credit. This was at least a year ago. This year I decided to use my store credit which was issued to me as a promo code. I place my order on Sept. 28th and do not hear from them except for the email that my payment was received. I email them on a Friday to find out why I haven't received my shipping confirmation email yet since it is way past their 2-7 processing time stated on the site. I realize on Wednesday that I did not receive a reply and their site states that they will respond within 48 hours. Now I'm worried so I email them again asking if they are still in business?? I receive a reply right away (?) stating that my order is being shipped and the tracking number will be on an email coming from PayPal. I do not receive that email from PayPal, but according to the site's shipping info, if it ships on Wednesday - I'll get it Friday, or Saturday at the latest! I wait for it and it does not come... Monday I email them again and have not received a reply so I will be canceling payment with my credit card & sadly I think I'll lose out on the store credit that I tried to use, which was $50 some :( I don't know what happened to them but they are awful with communication and shipping!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM unless you enjoy wasting time & money.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've seen several people with very similar experiences with ReefScavengers. Seems like they have not improved their practices in the last 2 years. I'd probably steer CLEAR of them for sure.

LadyLuna

Yeah I usually research companies before I order, but I had ordered from them before & they were great... now not so much. I filed a complaint with BBB, IC3 and Ripoff Report.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
ReefCleaners (owner John) I can highly recommend - sorry to hear you were taken by Reefscavengers

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Home

and...

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

LadyLuna

I saw a recommendation for ReefCleaners on another post - I just placed an order with them & I should be getting that today! I can wait for my macro algae :)

On another note: I just received an email with an ad for their October sale from ReefScavengers!! Unbelievable - they don't even reply to my emails, or ship my order, then have the audacity to send me a sale ad! Really! Like I would try ordering again with them - it's like the only thing they receive is payment, the rest just goes into a black hole...

LadyLuna

New update: I received another email from them on Tuesday saying my order was shipping and the tracking number would be in an email from PayPal. I did not receive an email from PayPal again so I assumed that it had not shipped (since this happened before). I was surprised to find a package waiting for me on Friday (should have been there Thursday w/2-day shipping...) So I was happy b/c now this means I don't have to lose my $50 store credit! However, the water was really cold & not packed with a heat pack as stated on the site. Still most of my order survived except for the two Pencil Urchins and Orange Zoanthids. We'll see if I get a refund / response on these...

LadyLuna

They are now in contact with me - they gave me a store credit right away for the Palythoas and Urchin that did not make it. I am trying to get a refund instead since I would not be ordering from them any time soon... If I see good feedback again about them, then I'll consider it - but for now I think I'll go to my local pet store & pay a little more... Their website has been redesigned so maybe they're getting it together again?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
LiveAquaria is the only one that I'm aware of that offers a refund. A credit is better than nothing, but means you have to pay another shipping charge to use the credit.

EricTheRed

ReefCleaners (owner John) I can highly recommend - sorry to hear you were taken by Reefscavengers

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Home

and...

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

John is very helpful. I actually emailed (address on their website) him last night with some photos to see if he could recommend some critters to eat my red algae. He emailed me right away with his opinion and even followed up again. I placed an order for 145 snails....for ONLY $50!! They are very cheap and I got free shipping because I spent $50.

LadyLuna

Yeah I really love ReefCleaners - not to be confused with ReefScavengers ;)
I placed my first order with him last month (ReefCleaners) and was very please with it!!!

LadyLuna

I just placed an order to use the credit... we'll see if I get it - if not them I'm only losing out on $20 instead of $50.