Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Tiffany

Hello :eek:)

Here is a picture of my new "baby" - I'm so excited!! It is a Red Sea Max 250. I just finished setting it up Wednesday - good thing (I was determined to get it up and running before Christmas Eve – the ham was gonna have to wait).

I'm new to message boards so please forgive me if the image comes up too big - or doesn't post at all.
max2501.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello and GREAT looking tank!!

Welcome to RS!

Tell us more about yourself and your tank(s) :)

again welcome :D

Tiffany

Hello and thank you BigAl07!

Well, I just bought the Max250 last Monday – I’m so happy! I was debating making such a hefty purchase right before Christmas since I should (or at least I feel like I should) be spending my money on the kids. But I haven’t regretted it one bit. It is a beauty.

I had three smaller tanks and decided to combine them all as it was just too much work to try and maintain them all (especially with three kids to take care of). My main tank was a tall hex tank and I had to remove the canopy and get up on a ladder to clean it. This one I can just open the lid and put my arm in – no ladder necessary!! Woohoo!!

alphasierra

:welcomera Tiffany!!

That tank looks fantastic! Please show us some more photos when you have time. It would be great to have one of those tanks one day. Once again welcome.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
:welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club! You're the first RSM 250 owner in here! The picture size was just fine and the 250 looks great! You may want to start your own RSM thread on the 250 as I'm sure a lot of people will want to follow your progress and may have questions on the new tank. I didn't think the 250 was even released yet! Good luck with the tank! :)

Tiffany

Thank you for making me feel :welcomera Alphasierra and Reefmack! Thanks for the compliments on the tank too. I’m really glad I found this forum, I know I’m going to learn a lot from everyone on here.

I also didn’t think the 250 was out yet but this one was listed on Craigslist by a fish store in Orange County, CA. I’m very happy I made the purchase. It is beautiful.

Tiffany

Mzreenie, the white square is a breeder net - it is temporarily housing a blue damsel that will be going to a new home...hopefully tomorrow.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That certainly is a sea of Xenia! :) I once had something close to that, and it was covering over and killing some other corals. It took me months of trimming it to finally declare victory over it! To top it off I almost bought more at the lfs last Saturday, but fought off the temptation LOL! A great coral, but it really grows fast under the right conditions. What's the red stuff peeking from atop the rock on the lower left?

marine281

Full tank shot, 1 day after vortech instalation. wave motion is really cool. next, relocate chiller out of cabinet- 2 reasons, 1, it gets too hot with the door closed, 2, my lifereef overflow will be arriving in a few weeks, and i need the room for the fuge/sump :)

P1210929.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Lookin good marine281. I see your Vortech is on the left. I was thinking about moving mine to that side, but I don't know why LOL!

marine281

Thanks guys :) Theres a big cave under that flat rock that my CBS loves to hang out in. The bi color angle has moved in there too, they seem to be getting along great!

Still playing with positioning of the vortech, had it on the right hand side in lagoon & reef crest modes and was too full on for my torch coral. Moved it to the left to give it a break, then discovered how cool the pulse modes are.

Got a nice wave motion happening at the top of the tank now, and am aiming the rsm powerheads down.

Andrew

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thought I'd post an update in here, now that I was able to find time to scrape some coralline today. Tough to get in the lower back corners of the sides, without breaking corals loose, and my clowns are on their 6th batch of eggs in the back right, so scraping there means taking a chance on injuring the clowns - they are very defensive of that back right corner and try to bite the scraper.

FTSsm1_25_09.jpg

The acan polyps are closed as I mounted them on some rock today to get them up & off the substrate they're not back to being happy yet. I also moved a few small coral frags (acans, montipora, zoas, ricordea, etc.) off the substrate and into a little 9G tank I took down and restarted yesterday. The hyacinth birdsnest (upper left) is really coloring up nicely now, and the green pocillopora (upper right) that was almost killed off by my palytoxin incident is almost fully recovered now.

alphasierra

Reefmack - your tank is looking great!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm glad you didn't give up and hung in there. Your tank is always an inspiration.... the colours are superb!!