Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thank you for the kind words Jay :)

OZONE 100 mg/l-
I will be adding ozone (generator, dryer & ORP controller)to my growout system soon. I was torn between either a large UV or an OZONE. I chose the OZONE due to a lot less maintenance and the fact that it adds oxygen to the water. My extremely overstocked growout tank will benefit from that for sure!
I will install it in conjunction with my current Octopus DDNW 250 skimmer.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
8 days old and a few hours prior to hatch!

Tonight I pulled a spawn for hatching.

They are 8 days old and will hatch within hours of these photos :bouncer:

20081006Hatchnight001.jpg

20081006Hatchnight004.jpg

20081006Hatchnight006.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
OMG!
The second one would make a great wallpaper

If I could get "logged" into her computer I'd do that for her to see when she wakes up in the morning! Man that would be SWEET!!

thanks for the pics Doni! I showed that to Julie and she thinks they are just TOO cute!!

If I KNEW they would be safe I'd get a pair from ya but I can't make myself risk them in my 90g with one clown already in there... :cry1:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks everyone :) I'm glad you like the photos.

Marvin, I have skipped a few spawns here and there for various reasons but the above is spawn #11. I will try to take some progressive growth photos of this spawn since they are located in a tank that is easily accessible... the last few spawns were in an end tank and it was next to impossible to get decent pics there.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Cool isn't it Frankie!

I had a decent hatch from them. There appears to be 200-300 swimming around this morning. I did see some dead ones on the bottom of the tank but overall I am happy with this hatch.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
On a SERIOUS note....

if they stay "together" as a family (in a larger tank of course) how many could you keep together? Let's say in something like a 90g system? If it was CLOWN ONLY?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL~

I'm not sure about the maximum number of clownfish per tank but I currently have as many as 200 in a 20 gallon :look: