OT Stressed over my missing/stolen dog.

BoomerD

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand the anguish here. I went back and re-read your original post, and it appears that you no longer wanted the dog. Yes, you grew attached to the dog, but you gave him to someone else when it became obvious he wasn't working out for your household/situation. Once you gave the dog to someone else, it was theirs to do with as they chose.
I'm not trying to be a butt-head here, but really...you gave the dog away. I don't see where there was any theft involved. It's time for you to just move on and get on with your life. (it's tough to do sometimes...regrets bite you in the butt pretty hard)

blue_eyes53813

No Boomer I didnt "give" her my dog... She said she wanted to test the dog around her animals because he was tempimental. I knew that, I was gonna find a home where I could still see him from time to time and see how he was doing. And if it didnt work out I wanted him back.

I love that dog,,, I spent many many many hours at obedience classes with him. Most people who have a temperamental animal will have him put to sleep.
Lincoln was getting alot better through the obediance classes and hadnt had a "bad" incident for several months.

I do daycare and could not take the chance of him nipping a child so after many many months of talking of and looking for a home for him. Where there wasnt any young children or other animals.

This "friend" has about 40 cats and 40 dogs at her place. She offered to test him around her pets to see if he became agressive.. I talked to her everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day to see how he was doing.. SHe assured me he was being good and I could come and get him at anytime.. he was still my dog..

In the mean time she was in the process of selling him.. I never ever gave her permission... I wanted to know where he went and if he was in a good home.. Now he is gone and she wont tell me where he is..

He is a pure bred silky terrior. Worth some $ for breeding purposes...That is why she sold him..

blue_eyes53813

OOHHHH my god... I found my dog... I have been looking and searching for my dog non stop. Registering at all humane societies for emails of updated or newly added silky terrior..... Look at jax!!!! that is Lincoln... His description is right on. I talked to the shelter and the guy said he is from Wisconsin.. Just turned in about 2 months ago... I am going this weekend. He is on hold.

1-800-Save-A-Pet.com :: Insufficient Information.

blue_eyes53813

I soooo cant believe it... They said he was in a home and turned in by the adopitve family... He kept running away.... lol Thats Lincoln,, A turkey.

blue_eyes53813

I believe the adoption is 125.00 gees I didnt really ask them... i was so excited... The page says adoption fees 125.00. I will send the bill to my sooooooo called friend... lol

blue_eyes53813

Ohhh yea!!! I havent been in that predicament before, lol

If this dog is not him I will be soooooooo surprised... My Son even said.. "That is Lincoln Mom.. That is Lincoln..."

nikkipigtails

That's so awesome! I'm so glad you finally found your baby and I'm very glad he didn't end up with the same fate as my Boxer :(

blue_eyes53813

What Happened to your boxer?

Well I am so confused about humane societies or so called shelters. They must make alot of $ from adoptive families. Isnt it about finding animals a home? Well I talked to a lady today that gave me a different story on where "jax" came from.. In the description it said he was turned in from his owner that got him as a puppy... The lady said he was surrendered from 3 different homes in the last few months.. Each time he is adopted out they make a profit right? The lady said she needed to make a few phone calls when I said my dog was stolen.. Maybe I shouldnt of said that.. She might say its not him now... But she wouldnt of known what happened.. She is gonna call him by Lincoln and say a few of his commands that I told her.. She is gonna call me back... I wish it was closer. Its about 3-4 hours from me.

lcstorc

Oh no! I was so happy and now feel let-down. I hope he is your baby.
On the adoption fees question though. They generally charge that money to keep the casual adoptions away. If people have to pay for a dog they are likely to treat it better. The humaine society here not only has a fee, but they come to your house to make sure it is a proper home for the animal.

blue_eyes53813

I think it is him.. Im just saddened at the stress he has to be going through, In and out of homes... Time will tell if it is him...

sambrinar

Well I'm in suspense, is it him. I sure hope so. awful story. would be great to have an awsome ending though