OT Stressed over my missing/stolen dog.

blue_eyes53813

I dont even know where to start , lol Ive been looking for Humane society laws, Laws of selling stolen pets, Its sad to say there isnt much about this.

lcstorc

Just spoke with a friend who does Beagle rescues. She had a couple of suggestions.
Find out if they are registered as a dog rescue.
Check the state and county laws to see how many dogs they are allowed to have by law. I know when I was in Ft Lauderdale the law was 2. It may not help get your baby back but may shut them down so they can't do this to others.
IMO it's time to play hardball within the law of course.
I also love the media idea particularly if you have some great pics of you snuggling with the dog etc.

Cavinca

where did you buy him when he was a pup. you should have some papers from the purchase along with vet records to take to the police. its very possible that if she sold it, and shes into breeding that the people she sold it to are also into breeding. if you havent checked already start checking local breeding forums.

also if I was gonna spend that kinda money on an adoption sort of deal of a dog that age... i think i would have a vet check it out. try calling a few vet offices about new paitent terriers, someone may help you out.

ps. depending on where you purchased your dog, he could possibly still be registered, and for some fluke reason you did not recieve papers... some breeders register whole litter, always worth a shot.

we lost a yorkshire. :(

blue_eyes53813

Thank You Carl and Janetta, I will def. check that out Carl.

I called my local Vet here and Said if Lincoln showed up there to give me a call ASAP. They know Lincoln becuase I took him there for groomings ,boarding, everything. I really didnt think the lady that took him(my ex friend) would take him there. She knew who the vet was and that they would be suspicious.

I also found out that my ex friend isnt welcome at the vet clinic anymore. They sounded as if they knew she is running some kind of puppy mill.

I will be calling some other Vet clinics in the area.. That is a good idea.

Octoman

If you feel like getting the media involved, Oprah recently had a show about busting up puppy mills. It might be a long shot, but this would make a great story so maybe there would be interest. She's also got a pretty good set of web resources on her site...

Animal Adoption Resources

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
did you ever say if he was MICROCHIPPED? they can search that database and find where it was last scanned and vet checked.....vets FIRST SCAN before anything

nikkipigtails

Awwww, Vicki. I really feel for you. We had to find a new home for our puggle because when we brought Olivia home he went nuts and started peeing everywhere. So we let a couple take him on a trial basis. After a week of no one answering their phone we dropped in on them. They weren't home but they had 2 huge pitts tied up on chains and Boxer was nowhere to be found. I don't even want to think about what happened to my sweetie b/c dog fighting is a huge sport around here.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack, I just wanted you to know that I sympathize. If you need any help or I can do anything, let me know.

Stacef

Any updates?
Are you holding up ok? I still think about this often, and feel terrible.

lcstorc

That is so terrible.
Hopefully he did go to a good home where he will be loved and cared for.

Jason25

AWW, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I wouldn't know what to do if something like this happened to my dog, I would be hearth broken. I don't think I would be able to remain half as calm as you appear to be. Again I am very sorry this happened to you but remember what comes around goes around.

blue_eyes53813

AWW, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I wouldn't know what to do if something like this happened to my dog, I would be hearth broken. I don't think I would be able to remain half as calm as you appear to be. Again I am very sorry this happened to you but remember what comes around goes around.

Thanks all,, I have not been calm about this at all... I think I just realize that there isnt much I can do... I have taken every step possible and come to a dead ends.. I miss him something terrible.. It is a very heartbreaking thing for someone to do to someone else... Alot of people in this world are just out to make a buck.... It is very sad.. I am not done looking and there still is a chance he will be back... A small one though...:look:

blue_eyes53813

Opps I forgot to mention.. The "friend " that did this to me will never forget.. I have alot of friends that are giving her a hard time.. She will never forget what she has done... Hopefully this will ruin her so called income... Word of mouth gets around rather quickly...