OT Stressed over my missing/stolen dog.

nikkipigtails

Boxer was a puggle we got about a year before Olivia was born. He had proximity issues and had to be literally on top of me all the time. When we brought Olivia home from the hospital, he started peeing all over the house so we put an add on craigslist "free to good home". The people came to our house to pick him up and they seemed nice enough but we told them that it was just a trial basis and that we wanted to come visit him in a week to see how he is. They gave us their address and everything so after a week passed by, we called...and called and called some more. They never answered or returned our calls so we decided to drive by. They lived in a runned down trailer (nothing wrong with that but...) there was a 6' chain link fence around their property with barbed wire on the top of it. There weren't any cars in the driveway, so we got out to take a look around because we thought that was a little suspicious. No sooner than we shut the car doors, 4 pit bulls came out of nowhere and charged at the fance. One was foaming at the mouth and they were all wearing collars that had to at least 4-5" wide. Needless to say, we got back in the car as quickly as we could. We called the humane society to let them know about the dogs and gave them the address and number. They evidently left the next day and cut their phone off. We think Boxer was used as a bait dog.

dobejazz

What Happened to your boxer?

Well I am so confused about humane societies or so called shelters. They must make alot of $ from adoptive families. Isnt it about finding animals a home? Well I talked to a lady today that gave me a different story on where "jax" came from.. In the description it said he was turned in from his owner that got him as a puppy... The lady said he was surrendered from 3 different homes in the last few months.. Each time he is adopted out they make a profit right? The lady said she needed to make a few phone calls when I said my dog was stolen.. Maybe I shouldnt of said that.. She might say its not him now... But she wouldnt of known what happened.. She is gonna call him by Lincoln and say a few of his commands that I told her.. She is gonna call me back... I wish it was closer. Its about 3-4 hours from me.

He is less than a mile from me - I can go check it out if you like

blue_eyes53813

Boxer was a puggle we got about a year before Olivia was born. He had proximity issues and had to be literally on top of me all the time. When we brought Olivia home from the hospital, he started peeing all over the house so we put an add on craigslist "free to good home". The people came to our house to pick him up and they seemed nice enough but we told them that it was just a trial basis and that we wanted to come visit him in a week to see how he is. They gave us their address and everything so after a week passed by, we called...and called and called some more. They never answered or returned our calls so we decided to drive by. They lived in a runned down trailer (nothing wrong with that but...) there was a 6' chain link fence around their property with barbed wire on the top of it. There weren't any cars in the driveway, so we got out to take a look around because we thought that was a little suspicious. No sooner than we shut the car doors, 4 pit bulls came out of nowhere and charged at the fance. One was foaming at the mouth and they were all wearing collars that had to at least 4-5" wide. Needless to say, we got back in the car as quickly as we could. We called the humane society to let them know about the dogs and gave them the address and number. They evidently left the next day and cut their phone off. We think Boxer was used as a bait dog.

Oh My God Nikki.. I am sooooooo sorry... What a horrible horrible thing... Those people should be hung.... I got goosebumps... I can not even imagine your pain....I would be hunting them down... Did you know them or remember the peoples names?

nikkipigtails

Oh My God Nikki.. I am sooooooo sorry... What a horrible horrible thing... Those people should be hung.... I got goosebumps... I can not even imagine your pain....I would be hunting them down... Did you know them or remember the peoples names?

I don't think they ever told me their names. They told Tommy, but he didn't remember. Unfortunately, dog fighting is a big sport in our area so we hear about it a lot. That's why we told them that we wanted to do a home visit. I figured that they wouldn't agree if they had incriminating things at their house. The real kicker was that the guy said that Boxer was for his wife.

blue_eyes53813

He is less than a mile from me - I can go check it out if you like

Thank you Kelli for going to see Lincoln... I will be in contact with you soon. Hopefully I can make it there this weekend.. Maybe we can meet... You are so nice to take the time to go to the shelter.... :)

blue_eyes53813

You are a great help.. I am happy to know he is being cared for and it is a no kill shelter.. My sister looked at the picture today from that site and said it is Lincoln... I really know in my heart it is him... I will be in touch soon.

dobejazz

You are a great help.. I am happy to know he is being cared for and it is a no kill shelter.. My sister looked at the picture today from that site and said it is Lincoln... I really know in my heart it is him... I will be in touch soon.

Were you able to make it down to see Lincoln/Jax ??

blue_eyes53813

No, I am so bummed... Friday i came down with the flu.... BAD!!!!! I hope to make it this weekend... But my fiance isnt to happy about it.. so we will see..

Stacef

No, I am so bummed... Friday i came down with the flu.... BAD!!!!! I hope to make it this weekend... But my fiance isnt to happy about it.. so we will see..

Wait... did I miss it? Fiance?? You have always said boyfriend, did you recently get engaged?????

blue_eyes53813

:heart: :heart: :heart: Yep , got engage on the 4th of July... :jumprope: :heart: i still say boyfriend sometimes... Cant get use to saying fiance... No date picked,, havent really talked about it... Im still in shock,

blue_eyes53813

Well I got a big surprise the other night. My fiance surprised me with a new puppy... .. I still miss Lincoln but after long conversations about Lincoln I have decided it is best that he stays where he is.. It was a very hard desicion for me and I know it is best.. I have been so upset my Fiance baught me a new baby Pomeranian.. She is a sweety and We named her Kaleah... She is a very good girl. No Biting. lol No nipping, lol Anyway.. Here she is...

Attachments

• Kaleah.jpg
    Kaleah.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12
  • kaleah-2.jpg
    kaleah-2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 12