New RSM 250 Media Rack

ErnestoC

Hi Guys! Long time!! I have been kind of busy :)

Well, I purchased Stevie the media basket for my Red Sea Max 250 and I am more than happy wit it :)

I am using the 3 chambers now. the one on the bottom has 2 chemi-pure, the one in the middle a Purigen and a Dr G Nitrate remover and the one on the top I added some Chaeto with 2 submergible lights..

It fits perfect, I am so happy there is nothing moving there anymore and also happy I have some macro algae now set inside the tank.

I set my chaeto lights to work from 9 pm to 3 pm (the time my tank lights are off) now I will see how fats the chaeto grows.

The only problem I found is that the light reflects on the sides of that chamber... the skimmer chamber can be seen from the front of the tank and also you can see some light coming from the left filter chamber... this light can be seen by the fish hiding behind the rocks.

I think the solution is to have on both walls black acrylic walls and that way it would be perfect.

Here I share some pictures :)

This is how I set my chaeto on the top chamber. On light is on the top the other is on the bottom of that chamber.

photo.jpg

Now this is how the light shows on the sides... I will fix this, it is a minor problem :)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

In general I am really happy with my media basket, it is what I was expecting and now it is only matter of time to see how the chaeto does :)

Thanks Stevie!!

ho02ody

Stevie
You talked about charterhouse aquatics in the uk making an order which I'm eagerly awaiting, just wondering if you have dispatched these yet? I did ask them when roughly they would have them on they're site and a cost but they couldn't answer these as they had only just ordered them from yourself.
Not trying to hurry you mate just looking forward to getting one of these bad boys especially when I see installs like the one above,
Regards
Dan

bjasontoups

Got the rack installed today. Old stock filters out. Ceramic media out. White and blue filter placed top of rack. CPE in middle chamber Purigen ordered. Tank chemistry and livestock doing great.

Thanks steve

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Stevie
You talked about charterhouse aquatics in the uk making an order which I'm eagerly awaiting, just wondering if you have dispatched these yet? I did ask them when roughly they would have them on they're site and a cost but they couldn't answer these as they had only just ordered them from yourself.
Not trying to hurry you mate just looking forward to getting one of these bad boys especially when I see installs like the one above,
Regards
Dan

Their order left today, they should see maybe the end of next week. They should have all the pricing to update their site!

Just checked, they have it on the site Charterhouse Aquatics | InTank Red Sea Max 250 Media Basket

ho02ody

Their order left today, they should see maybe the end of next week. They should have all the pricing to update their site!

Just checked, they have it on the site Charterhouse Aquatics | InTank Red Sea Max 250 Media Basket
Cheers Stevie, I looked on their earlier tonight and saw that had it on there. Can't wait. Just out of curiosity does it come with the blue/white filter sponge and have you sent a load of them to be sold separately as well? Or are people cleaning then re-using them?
Regards
Dan

StevieT

RS Sponsor
You do not want to reuse the filter floss.

They have not purchased any from us seperately. The media basket is sold by itself.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
The only problem that i'm finding with it is that the filter media tends to work its way out and when you go to lift the rack up the media jams it. Small problem though for an awesome rack.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Leigh - I hang my cpe, pulling the bag slack through a hole above - this solves it for me, my purigen I put in the top