New RSM 250 Media Rack

mjs1981

Just recieved my media basket today and was wondering what everyone has in each part of theres
on advice from my local fish store i have blue sponge in bottom then i have Blue Life CLEAR Fx PRO 450m
then top chamber i have cheato with D-D NANO-GLO Refugium LED and finally i have JBL Symec Filterwool
if anyone has any suggestions or improvements i would appreciate it :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I am not similar with the Blue Life Clear FX Pro, I read about it just now, but have never used it...

CPE is a high grade carbon & GFO (Granular Ferric Oxide) - controls phosphates & here a bit about Purigen - controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates Seachem. Purigen

See what other members think...

I guess the real proof is how the tank is doing though :dance:

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I run the same as Glenn and it seems to be doing the job. Glenn...do you run your floss in the basket itself or in the original RSM floss holder?

dotcommer

Just got my media basket in. It looks great, a very well made product. I forgot to order the In tank Poly Filter floss. Is this something that can be purchased at most local fish stores. Or should I place my order through InTank?

Since the name has the word Poly in it, is it the same as the PolyPads that help remove traces of any copper that you may have in your system?

Tokalosh

I thought I'd post up how I run my InTank Media Basket for those of you who are interested.

From top to bottom you got...

Filter pad > Chaeto > CPE (Chemi-Pure Elite 11oz) > Seachem Purigen > CPE (Chemi-Pure Elite 11oz)

IMG_2912_zps9edee0fb.jpg

and from the top it looks like this...

IMG_4511_zps37621c4f.jpg

Hope this is helps some to you....

Tok