New RSM 250 Media Rack

Good feedback so far.

Shipped two to Dubai already, those guys don't mess around and Charterhouse Aquatics already has a big order planned for our UK friends.

Hehehe! One of those two Dubai units now safely in my possession. Installing it this weekend and can't wait!

NativeTrout

I just recieved mine. Fits great. My Plan is to run chemipure elite in the bottom champer, purigan and rowaphos in the next and then Chaeto in the top (next to the pad). Wondering folks thoughts on this? This same strategy has been working great in my biocube for over a year. For the Chaeto, I plan to either use a submersible light or a jbj nanoglo if I can remove the paint from the back.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
On the 130/130D I have always seen it tied & recommended to be for flow, on my RSM 250 though, I just have mine (two 11.74 oz bags of cpe & one 100 ml bag of Purigen) sitting on the shelves & the flow seems to be fine for me.

In the 130/130D I would highly recommend it, in the RSM 250, it's a good question - being it's new, what is everyone else doing & how is it working for you?

Last edited:

StevieT

RS Sponsor
You may not have to tie it on the RSM250. The flow is bottom up vs on the 130, and well every other AIO it is top down.

Just don't want to block all the holes which would cut down on flow. But since it is bottom up you may not even notice that especially with the dual pumps. Enjoy the basket oakleyx

So put it in today and I must say it fits like a glove. Top-off (I do it manually) is now accurately measurable thanks to the media being held in place! Now to figure out what I want to run in each section. Suggestions? Currently doing chemipure elite, the ceramic media. What else?

oakleyx

I just put mine in last night. I agree, it fits great. I have to say, the flow is soo much better.

My filter floss is really thin, so I put the black filter floss bracket (empty) to keep the the filter floss snug.

StevieT, great product!

-Dan

iklepud

hi,ive just got my stevie t media rack, just wait on the tunze 9002 to arrive could you tell about the noise levels with the tunze skimmer the stock skimmer in the rsm 130 isnt the best i also run 2 large fresh water tanks running fluval fx5 filters in my lounge with hardly a sound but the rsm130 thats another story very annoying.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

I don't have a 9002, but have read lots & lots of post that say they are near silent :dance:

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us ! Several members of the RSM here from Zealand :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have just received my media rack after only a week all the way to Oz. Extremely well packaged and a quality piece of kit. I'll be installing it tomorrow and was wondering do I put CPE on the bottom and Purigen on the middle shelf? Any other suggestions?

Thanks heaps Stevie :).

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats Leigh - one week 1/2 way around the world is pretty good, here in the US 1st class mail can take up to 3 days :)

I run one cpe on the bottom rack & in middle another cpe & a 100 ml bag of Purigen