New RSM 250 Media Rack

Got the notice this morning that mine is shipped! Will review once received. Hope the sticker made it into the box with this quick of a turnaround....:snshne:

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Stickers are put in the box or in the basket it self. We have not mass packaged them up yet but in the very near future the first 50 will be in basket already. Hardest thing for this HUGE basket was to find a good product box to use. It's different from what we use for other products but it works for now.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Stevie,

Under... Billing information, State/Province: (* required) what does some one from Australia put in?

Not a drop down selection for Australia...

StevieT

RS Sponsor
You first have to change the country to Australia. Then you would drop down the local province, try:

City - TOOWONG BRISBANE
Province - QUEENSLAND
postal code - 4066

And for a fake PH number put 61 431293700

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
ahh... thanks for the reply !

Cheers - I just wanted to see an example :dance:

It worked great... I saw several shipping choices... this was one from my "test" ...
to City - TOOWONG BRISBANE
Province - QUEENSLAND
postal code - 4066

U.S. Postal Service®
First-Class Mail® International
$26.73

Not bad for a great product, shipping 1/2 way around the world !

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks Stevie, the postage price is pretty good but I think a certain lady from Chicago is going to help out LOL.

N83259

Looks like a great product!

I was wondering if the "stock" filter insert can still be used if one wanted to. I was thinking running one course filter & one fine to really polish the water? Would that work?

And how would you grow macro algae like cheato in this rack? Would the stock RSM250 lights be enough or would you add a small LED or something? Do you put the algae in a container of some kind to keep it from migrating around the tank?

Thanks!

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Thanks Stevie, the postage price is pretty good but I think a certain lady from Chicago is going to help out LOL.

I see that all the time, I ship to many hotels when people are over here visiting. Smuggling back inTank goodies :)

StevieT

RS Sponsor
ahh... thanks for the reply !

U.S. Postal Service®
First-Class Mail® International
$26.73

Not bad for a great product, shipping 1/2 way around the world !

First class isn't bad. Pricing is all based on weight and First class will go up to 4 lbs. The down side is it does not include a tracking number and is not insured. I recommend Priority as it is faster and includes insurance and active tracking.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Looks like a great product!

I was wondering if the "stock" filter insert can still be used if one wanted to. I was thinking running one course filter & one fine to really polish the water? Would that work?

And how would you grow macro algae like cheato in this rack? Would the stock RSM250 lights be enough or would you add a small LED or something? Do you put the algae in a container of some kind to keep it from migrating around the tank?

Thanks!
There is a filter floss chamber designed for easy vertical loading and changing just like the stock thing, but you don't have to open it to change. I think it still can be used maybe Glenn can chime in. When we were testing we had our floss in 1/2 of the black sliding holder thing, it looked slick but was more of a pain for me to use. I personally would just chuck it.

Or filter floss is both coarse and fine so it catches most everything.

You could grow chaeto and it would need a light source. We do have underwater lights or you can scrape the paint and do something from the rear. Or grow it on top and provide a small top down light mounted in the hood.

Every chaeto will be different and this is a bottom up flow design so needing to contain it would be tank specific. I wouldn't think so if it was on the top shelf next to the floss chamber.

Delivered today! Fits like a glove, nothing is floating around (CPE, Purigen), and is well constructed. Best of all, rotated it around so the black is facing into the tank - no longer can see any of the "stuff" behind the curtain. Completely impressed.

Triple T

Mine showed up today and all I need now is a tank. It comes Wednesday as does my rock from Florida Live Rock via Southwest freight. It is going to be a great week with lots of fun.