New Hydor Koralia powerheads!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Koralia Powerheads

I will be ordering a few of these in a few weeks. I have read excellent reviews about them!!

Has anyone tried them yet?

HydorKoraliapowerhead.jpg

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>*</TD><TD>Submersible aquarium pump expands water circulation options</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>*</TD><TD>Articulating ball joint allows a wider range of aquarium water movement</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>*</TD><TD>Suction cup and magnet mounting system allows versatile aquarium placement</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dynamic, fully submersible water pumps revitalize hard-to-access "dead spots" in your aquarium. Magnetic base with articulating ball joint allows a full, 360 degree range of convenient pump positions. Directs vital water movement to areas of your aquarium never possible with conventional powerheads. Patented impeller design generates water flow that is both powerful and delicate - ideal for marine and reef aquariums. Extremely low energy consumption. Suction cup and magnet mounting system measures 2-3/4" diameter and is suitable for aquarium glass up to 1/2" thick.
logo_hydor.gif
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 bgColor=#e3d9bb border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#739273><TD>Model</TD><TD>Flow Rate</TD><TD>Watts</TD><TD>Dimensions</TD></TR><TR><TD>Koralia 1</TD><TD>400 gph</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>2-1/4" x 5"</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#97be97><TD>Koralia 2</TD><TD>600 gph</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>2-7/8" x 5-7/8"</TD></TR><TR><TD>Koralia 3</TD><TD>850 gph</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>2-7/8" x 5-7/8"</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#97be97><TD>Koralia 4</TD><TD>1,200 gph</TD><TD>8.5</TD><TD>3-1/4" x 6-1/4"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

boozeman

I've seen good reviews of those on the UK reefing boards..nice to see they finally made it here to the US...Fosters and smith has them for sale..cheap price compared to the tunze nano streams that just came out :D

BoomerD

My initial concern would be the suction-cup mounts, as we all know how well suction cups tend to work in a reef tank. NOT sure how their magnet-mount set up works, but if it's good, then this is a cheaper alternative to the Vortechs and Tunze Nano-streams...

pmac90

I heard they are bigger then we think! other than that, exciting price... think i'll be getting a couple.

BHinAK

I'll write a Product review and post pics. I ordered 2ea of the #4

They are instock at DrsFostersSmith. Cost me $21 priority USPS, they ship tomorrow.

Last edited:

prow

not so sure about these. it has a ball joint for changing direction, right? in time will that joint not wear down to the point the pump will only face down????

prow

yup yup. i think i will wait out the ocean flo mods for maxijets. maybe by the time they are up and running again we will know if the ball joint holds. tunze's patent must be up, cause there are a lots of propeller type powerheads coming out.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
not so sure about these. it has a ball joint for changing direction, right? in time will that joint not wear down to the point the pump will only face down????

I doubt that wear of the ball joint would be an issue. Coraline algae would soon form on that joint.

I'm ordering two #4's to replace my MJs.