New Hydor Koralia powerheads!

prow

I doubt that wear of the ball joint would be an issue. Coraline algae would soon form on that joint.

I'm ordering two #4's to replace my MJs.
i dont think the coraline will grown in the joint. maybe around the outside where light gets to it but not in the joint. the joint may hold but if used any coraline growing will break off and possible take some of the plastic with it. you will have to give use a review in about 9-12 months if we remember.:yup: and if you moved the direction of the powerhead often or not.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I don't like posting links to other forums..but...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1028680

Thanks for the link... Mr. Linkman!

After reading it and looking at the pictures to guage size, I decided to go with the smaller #3. I purchased two of them to replace two MJ 1200's. At 850gph they are more than double the flow of the MJ.

These pumps will stick out more than my Nanostream 6045 due to the ball joint and their "egg" shape, so I went with the smaller size.

More flow... You gotta love it! :swmfish:

BrothaWolf

They said they are not recommended for use with an on/off wavemaker but that you may be able to use a speed controler. Anyone know who makes a speed controler?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Seio's controller should work on it. I have read that the tunze controllers do not.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I get my two Koralia #3's tomorrow from Foster Smith:dance: ... I'll post a review comparing them to my Nanostream later this week

boozeman

cool...I get my skimmer tomorrow also...I will not be posting a review :invisible
christmas in February woohooo!!!

BHinAK

I got my 2 #4's monday. One has been in the the tank running. The other I already took apart. I'll get pics / review up tonight. I get home in about 1/2 hr. but want to stop off at LFS first.

I'm 4 hrs behind east coast so my post will be late for some.