New Horizons

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks Vicki and Craig!
It is exactly 61 gallons. I am hoping that the silicone will be cured in 7-14 days and I can do a leak test.
In the mean time, I will be building the exterior overflow and attaching that.
I think Bernard my neighbor will be taking the old refugium and mangroves soon so I can move it over to it's final resting place.
I am very pleased with how it came out. My glass guy did an awesome job squaring it all up.
I will finish cleaning it up tomorrow and get some detailed shots of the glue up.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Almost forgot to post the picture of my helper this morning. :)
002-1.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bad news! It seems the silicone I was sold is no good. :(
It is not curing so the frag tank is on hold. I called my glass dealers and have to wait until Monday for the owner to come back from vacation, (figures).
This is very upsetting because not I will have to pull it all apart, clean the glass and rebuild it. Hopefully the glass will not break during all of this. I am very disappointed to say the least~

Varga

man, that happened to me once huge mess, no chemical will clean it just scrub and wipe. good luck man. was it recalled but the retailer sold it anyways? mine was recalled, the manufacturer failed to notify the store and they jsut offered me free tubes which was the least of my problems

Frankie

RS STAFF
I don't know. I am going to wait and see what the dealer has to say before I flip. I do have faith in people and would like to believe they will do the right thing. I have used them before and never had an issue.

Varga

HOpe it works out. I would call the number on the tube and provide them the batch number

Scooterman

RTV 108 is GE's official Aquarium Safe sealant, they had to remove aquarium safe from the GE silicone I because other manufactures were supplying sealant also & something to do with conflicts in business. This was from two GE reps. a friend discussed this throughly with them a while back.
That said, GE I silicone 100% pure without mold & mildew inhibitors or other special additives is RTV108 just not under the same labeling.
Paying more for anything else is just a waste, also you should be able to get it black if desired.

Frankie

RS STAFF
HOpe it works out. I would call the number on the tube and provide them the batch number
I called this morning Jay and it turns out the silicone was expired in August of 2004. My wife just helped me tear it down. The bottom of the front pane chipped :( I called my glass people and Chuck the owner will be back on Monday and the secretary said she see's NP (<--No Problem ;) ) with replacing it and the silicone.
So I will wait until Monday now. Minor bump in the road~

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well the glass people took a while to get back to me but they did. They are replacing the front pane, two tubes of silicone and are giving me a discount on the materials for the overflows.
I will post pictures of the build again when I receive it all.
Other then that, everything is doing great on the reef. I now have control over the cyano issue and the corals are really starting to color up now and grow faster. Soon I will start to target the colors.
I will see about some updated shots of the DT tomorrow.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I guess.
Funny how we commend people for doing there jobs when they did not go above and beyond. In today's world we don't expect to get what we paid for and when we do they are hero's for it. They won't be getting any gratitude cards from me. After all, they sold me bad silicone causing me loss of time and double the work~