New Horizons

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have been dosing one mil. PCS (Pohl's Coral Snow) plus one drop Zeo Bak for 4 days so far and all the diatoms on the rocks are gone. I still have 4 more days to go and the glass should be cleared up. All the corals are growing like mad and the colors are getting better every week.
I will get a fts tomorrow after church.
I am still waiting on the glass. It is in production and it should be ready Monday. I am anxious to get the frag tank up and running so I can clean my DT up. Once the frags are settled and have good growth on the plugs I will offer some for sale.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I took some shots but they came out bad. Here are a few that look ok though.
Scuse the frag rack. Hopefully that will be out next week if I can get the frag tank built tomorrow, late tues.
50966695.jpg

Here's a sweet lime green Slimer I got from Mac (Pacific East AquaCulture).
cc29da02.jpg

A side shot
0efa2c2a.jpg

It's very obvious the zeo is improving my corals colors and growth.
I will get some better pictures up after the frag tank build and I can clean the DT up.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks :) The full size works for me. I will try making a longer one a bit closer tonight if I find time.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks Brenda! I am really getting a different view of my tank watching a video. It truly is amazing how all the fish get along in there. The Coris and Fairy wrasses normally would not. And four tangs. They all are friends it appears. The ABT is the alpha for sure. If all go's well with the 61 gallon frag tank build, I am going to work on a 300 or so over the winter. The tangs are dangerously close to being to big now and I am not willing to get rid of any. I might put the Tomini in the frag tank for the time being~

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
WOW! Love these shots! Espeically love the frag rack J/K

That green slimer is WOWIE!!

So is the algae subsiding some now?

How much more "work/attention" for this new "Horizon" require? Any ideas of a time estimate? Day/Week/Month ?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thank Al :)
Yes the algae on the rocks is almost completely gone. This has been an issue long before I started Zeovit. The trouble now is the glass. It seems to thrive there but I have big hopes. Keep in mine that this is a huge change for my system. I have completely removed the refugium and UV from the system. I am dosing new products and filtering the water with zeolites. Also I am performing weekly water changes verses monthly and having a tight schedule with carbon, kneading daily to prevent channeling in a passive flow and 30 day change outs.
All that being said, the work is less then I was doing before. If I add the time up for a complete week I would say it totals about one hour. Not including cleaning the two walls I don't view through. and feeding the fish.
Not a bad trade off.
I am also saving money. The refugium and UV were killing me in electricity.
Not a bad trade off for better looking faster growing corals.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I got the glass today for the frag tank build!
Do you all want pictures of the glass or wait until I start building it?

Frankie

RS STAFF
OK Paul! Here you go buddy :)
This is the stack that will make up the tank. I don't have the over flow material yet.
c15f4b69.jpg

I had the Top edges flat polished and the guy did three instead no charge :D
c4befa96.jpg

This is the silicone I have come to trust over the years. I used it when I built my current 120.
9986d771.jpg

And I got all the pieces prep up and ready for glue up tomorrow.
dd34d2b3.jpg

308b1505.jpg

096fa486.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! I'm stoked to watch this come together! This is one of my "Must Do" projects for the new house :)