New Horizons

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thank you ladies :)
Yeah! Lee is turning into a teen right before my very eyes! She has found her new passion in life. Writing. Her stories are incredible for her age. She has been invited to apply to Charleston County School Of The Arts and another very similar to it. She is recognized as a talented and gifted child by her current school and they are pushing the apps for us. I am very proud of her.
That is one reason why I stopped pushing my hobby on her. She needs to find her own way and for now writing seems to be the course. :D
Thanks for stopping in!

rmlevasseur

Frankie - is that an Orca 250 you are running? If so, how do you like it? I'd like to upgrade and can't decide between ATB and Orca 250

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey Robert, thanks for stopping by! :)
Neither. That is a copy of the Barr Dual Beckett Ultra Skimmer that I built. it is 50" tall. :)
000_2226_editedSmall.jpg

Cavinca

Nice thread. Although I only skimmed it, I have enjoyed it. I got a couple questions. Sorry if they have already been asked somewhere.

1. How has the zeo change effected you acclimation times/processes for new tank inhabitants if in any way?

2. How does the zeo change effect outgoing frags and colonies FROM your 'near perfect zeo enviroment' to a non-zeo enviroment?

If you havent been paying attention to these aspects, i will gladly help with the research on this subject... Just send me a few of your corals :)

blue_eyes53813

Nice Pictures Frankie... I was just talking to Stace yesterday about your frag tank... I am thinking of adding one to my system... I like your frag tank.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wow! And just the other day I was complaining that nobody was checking out my thread. :D
I think you found the answers to your questions Carl so I will leave them out ;) Glad you like the aquarium.
Still no call from the glass company. I will wait until Thurs. before I become a pest. I am having to change a few things with my dosing and am waiting on a delivery now from Scott.
Today I took a huge chunk of the Monti out to make a bit more room. I ended up tossing most of it. Eventually I plan on removing the entire colony from the back left corner. It is taking up way to much real estate. Once the frag tank is up and running I plan on a rescape.
Other then that everything is quiet on the reef. Thanks for stopping by everyone! :)

JBmynes

Im drooling at your stuffs!!! Frag tank and Skimmer are awesome!!

I wish I could build stuff that pretty.... It never quite works out with duck tape and plastic cups.....

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks dude :)
It took me years to get to this point. My best advice is keep reading. I will never forget my first skimmer I built. It was so bad I hid it in shame :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Im drooling at your stuffs!!! Frag tank and Skimmer are awesome!!

I wish I could build stuff that pretty.... It never quite works out with duck tape and plastic cups.....

Use more Duck tape and add some Gorilla Glue in there for good measure :) That's how Frank does it! He's just good at hiding the glue & tape :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I love Gorilla Glue! They now have Gorilla tape also ;)
My most favorite episode of The New Yankee Work Shop was when Norm used Gorilla Glue to glue a PVC pipe into a cabinet. He then continued to use his fingers to spread it around. In the next episode he is useing gloves and took them off to show permanently stained fingers from the glue. :D I remember watching him do it with my wife and cringing as it got all over his fingers and hand. I knew what was going to happen from experience :)